Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Second tranch T700's

JDCooper

Does anyone have any idea about the delivery of the second wave of T7'S ?  After paying my deposit Friday at 1pm, my dealer neglected to submit my resv. number into YDS ; so (1.) I got totally screwed, and (2.) he's likely gonna offer me a bike from the second wave. IF (as rumored) orders are taken in July...I'm thinking that I likely would take delivery in...maybe...early September. If that's the case I have to reassess my options. Does anybody have more info than my speculation?

Its anybody's guess at this point with the covid-19 issues. I know everything seems to be erasing up about the virus but i dont think we're done with this thing by a long shot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Its anybody's guess at this point with the covid-19 issues. I know everything seems to be erasing up about the virus but i dont think we're done with this thing by a long shot. 

Yeah man, I agree. If sunlight kills it like other viruses, then we might have a few months of a break from COVID19 snf Yamaha will build more bikes. But I think this fall the Virus will be back strong. 

1 hour ago, JDCooper said:

Does anyone have any idea about the delivery of the second wave of T7'S ?  After paying my deposit Friday at 1pm, my dealer neglected to submit my resv. number into YDS ; so (1.) I got totally screwed, and (2.) he's likely gonna offer me a bike from the second wave. IF (as rumored) orders are taken in July...I'm thinking that I likely would take delivery in...maybe...early September. If that's the case I have to reassess my options. Does anybody have more info than my speculation?

I wouldn't spend another dime with that dealer. Get your deposit back and pick another dealer. 

• Like 2

In the frozen North

dealers got bikes for sale, before the pre orders were filled.

i pre ordered mine in September 

dealer didn’t put orders in till New Years, so i wait.

unacceptable i say

September is pushing the limits of when I'd buy a new bike even though Denver can be ridden most of the year if you have warm clothes.  Snow here generally tends to melt pretty fast.  Not sure how Ohio is but if it were me I'd get my deposit back and keep my eye out at other dealers for the first one to hit the floor.  That dealer would have pissed me off beyond belief screwing up so badly. 

Did you get a "sold out" e-mail by any chance?

My local dealer didn't know about the pre-order bidness. I'm just a name on a list now.

Sept would be enough time to try the bike out and then the  winter months would be for accessorizing.

Sept 2021 anyone?

I've gotten too old to wait. T7 is off the list.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:26 PM, JDCooper said:

Have you asked your dealer to try submitting your reservation number in YDS for a claim? There seems to be some discussion that the customer reservation number holds a claim. I would like that clarified myself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unimogbert said:

My local dealer didn't know about the pre-order bidness. I'm just a name on a list now.

Sept would be enough time to try the bike out and then the  winter months would be for accessorizing.

Sept 2021 anyone?

Mine didn't either, but I educated them 🤣

Seriously though, I pushed for what I wanted or else it wouldn't have happened. Also, I knew about the sales bulletin before them. They weren't shocked that I knew before them either. 

Edited by slakdawg

2 hours ago, slakdawg said:

Have you asked your dealer to try submitting your reservation number in YDS for a claim? There seems to be some discussion that the customer reservation number holds a claim. I would like that clarified myself.

Yes I did. He worked it out and I received a a claim number.  Now...when it will be delivered is a discussion for another day.

• Like 1

This whole pre-order/pre-sale/rollout was a ridiculous failure.  Between the system crash; the people who put deposits down six months to a year ago getting hosed; dealers having no clue what to do or what was going on, only because they can't be bothered to read the sales bulletins sent to them in their emails...... and so on.

I have no factual evidence, but I'm hearing that the corporate folks are going through each reservation and each dealer confirmation one by one to try and sort it all out.  Hopefully this means some people who got shut out may end up getting their bike.  I do know, factually of 3 buyers who had doubled up confirmations, even though they only reserved one bike.  Whether that was due to technical glitches, dealers submitting twice (accidentally or on purpose) or who knows what.

Personally I feel lucky that I finally got my confirmation number.  Now I'd just like a firm time frame for when to expect it.  Hell, I've got to figure out finance plan, so a deadline would help.