Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7Rally.com

T7rally.com

• Supporting Vendor

Hi All,

Hope you are all well, just a quick update as I have not been on here for quite a while now.

I know some of you have had some problems with communication and delivery times from us and I can only apologise for any inconvenience that has caused, clearly its not something that I am happy about and implementing the changes required has not been made any easier because of the virus lockdowns but we are getting there.

We have recently changed the way we do our emails so our response time should be much better now and things should not get missed.

We have also changed our Shipping company, out of the first 200+ deliveries they have done for us only one went missing for a few days that was then promptly found and delivered to the customer. So overall I am happy with that and its a vast improvement on the previous delivery option.

We are increasing stock levels to help prevent back orders in the future, we are almost there with that. Some of the OEM parts are on back order with Yamaha as they stopped taking deliveries into their main european distribution centre for a while but that is underway again now.

The paint plant we use for the Tail Tidy parts has been dedicated to producing hand sanitiser units for the Health Service, they added one hundred thousand units to their existing order so priority had to be given for that for obvious reasons, they are all finished in white as well so we cant change the powder half way through. That should all be done this week and  then we can run the tail tidy batch through next week as I have them cut, folded and welded up already.

Overall moving forward I hope that this solves most of the issues however we will always work towards providing a better service.

During the lockdown when not working on improving things and dealing with orders I have managed to spend some time on the new products, the additional fuel tank option in particular is much further on now and into testing on one of our test bikes. I am still working on the exact details and final specs but expect an additional 10.2L of fuel can be carried with no changes to the external dimensions of the bike. There are a few more smaller parts on their way as well as some improvements to existing designs.

We are also working on the website to include any lead times that might be applicable if there is a backordered part, as well as a system for dealing with any after sales issues that might occur.

Hopefully all of this results in my fellow T7 owners getting a better service whilst also freeing up some time for me to continue developing the new products.

Lets hope we can all get out and enjoy our bikes soon, stay safe.

Ben

Edited by T7rally.com
grammar
  • Like 5

Hey Ben,

you mentioned an additional fuel tank, which I take means you are adding a fuel tank not simply replacing the original with a bigger one. Is this going to be on the read of the bike? How long until we get some idea of your design?

• Supporting Vendor
28 minutes ago, Stabilo_Boss said:

Hey Ben,

you mentioned an additional fuel tank, which I take means you are adding a fuel tank not simply replacing the original with a bigger one. Is this going to be on the read of the bike? How long until we get some idea of your design?

Hi,

Yes I tried using additional weights for a larger front tank and it was not an option I wanted to follow after that as I did not like how it made the bike feel. Then I looked at the rear and decided similar, that whist it was better than the front it was still not ideal with weight shifting and its still quite high up there. Also it meant that you could not utilise whatever luggage / rack setup you want to, and whilst we have our own one of those on the way I did not want to make it so that you could only use our one as I thought that it was not fair to do it that way.

So........ I ended up in the middle and the weight is as low as possible, handling is superb. As you can imagine this is not the simplest of things to design properly but my view is that it is the best option, I am making the kit "Plug&Play" so whilst its quite involved its going to be really neat and its totally reversible if you ever want to. It retains fuel level on the main display etc etc and the whole thing is no more difficult to fill than how you currently fill up.

Will post up some pictures once I have more of a "production" version ready as at the moment its certainly a case of function over form.

Hi Ben,

I am happy to read, that everything is going to be fine.

Does this mean that in a non distant future you will send my footpegs and stickers, I ordered in February ?

Cheers,

Artur

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T7rally.com said:

Hi,

Yes I tried using additional weights for a larger front tank and it was not an option I wanted to follow after that as I did not like how it made the bike feel. Then I looked at the rear and decided similar, that whist it was better than the front it was still not ideal with weight shifting and its still quite high up there. Also it meant that you could not utilise whatever luggage / rack setup you want to, and whilst we have our own one of those on the way I did not want to make it so that you could only use our one as I thought that it was not fair to do it that way.

So........ I ended up in the middle and the weight is as low as possible, handling is superb. As you can imagine this is not the simplest of things to design properly but my view is that it is the best option, I am making the kit "Plug&Play" so whilst its quite involved its going to be really neat and its totally reversible if you ever want to. It retains fuel level on the main display etc etc and the whole thing is no more difficult to fill than how you currently fill up.

Will post up some pictures once I have more of a "production" version ready as at the moment its certainly a case of function over form.

Wow I'm having a hard time picturing it in my head at the moment, does it replace some components? or do they need moving? Can't wait to see what it looks like and what it takes to get it installed.

3 hours ago, r2r said:

Hi Ben,

I am happy to read, that everything is going to be fine.

Does this mean that in a non distant future you will send my footpegs and stickers, I ordered in February ?

Cheers,

Artur

Reports like this are why I haven't ordered anything from T7Rally yet.

• Like 1