Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bigger gas tank on t7

Cuecumber

I was heard about some rumors that some company t7rally are perhaps fabricated some bigger gas tank.

Anywone heard anything about this.

23 minutes ago, Cuecumber said:

I was heard about some rumors that some company t7rally are perhaps fabricated some bigger gas tank.

Anywone heard anything about this.

There are some rumours but since t7 rally haven't been very good with customer service I'm not sure I would put my money in that pot. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

Thanks for good information. 

Perhaps it's will be another company later.

• Like 1

I've heard. Don't know if it will happen. I know what the initial direction was and I hope it materializes. It's supposed to be ready in 2020 but with all that covid situation I am not sure.

• Like 1

T7 rally are developing one. They have a video about it on their Facebook page. It will be in the middle under the seat by the sounds of it, and provide an additional 10 litres. 
I’ve  had a few bits from them and although communication wasn’t great the bits (tail tidy particularly) have been excellent, so would give them another bash if the tank looks good.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Doogle said:

T7 rally are developing one. They have a video about it on their Facebook page. It will be in the middle under the seat by the sounds of it, and provide an additional 10 litres. 
I’ve  had a few bits from them and although communication wasn’t great the bits (tail tidy particularly) have been excellent, so would give them another bash if the tank looks good.

Actually it was a post on here that I read it. Not a video on FB. It’s in the General Discussion forum

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cuecumber said:

Thanks for good information. 

Perhaps it's will be another company later.

I have bought from them my tail tidy and am happy with the purchase... Shipping was slow as the item got lost apparently, got there in the end... 

Maybe they will address the issues from the past and turn it around. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

I have bought from T7 Rally and found them to be spot on.

Safari are also working on a lager tank, they told me it should be available end of this year 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chalk said:

I have bought from T7 Rally and found them to be spot on.

Safari are also working on a lager tank, they told me it should be available end of this year 

Yeah they also told me they are working on one. 23L I saw posted somewhere

• Like 4

I’ve been using IMS 4.7 and 3 gallon tanks on my WRRs for a few years and have been impressed with their durability and service. IMS actually replaces a tank for me including shipping a year out of warranty not knowing if the issue was a defect or user error on my part. I have an email into them currently requesting any plans to increase the T7s fuel capacity. I’d like to see a 6 - 6.5 Gallon option. 

21 hours ago, rumrum said:

Yeah they also told me they are working on one. 23L I saw posted somewhere

23L would be about right. I don’t want to carry much extra, 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Interesting concept tank I'd like to see developed.  My German is not so good ( non existant) so I couldn't locate where on the website to change to English. Oddly, their instructions for the sticker kit are in English, but not much else.  Hope IMS here in the states comes up with something in the 5-5.5 gallon range.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Ι don't think the rubberdust tank will happen in 2020...I am not sure it will happen at all. they don't seem to work on that.