Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Maybe this week?

Brownie

Just joined in the group here.  My first post.

I just got an update call from my dealer. He said maybe this week!  That would surprise me, but I'll let you all know when mine is home.

I've owned a lot of bikes, but the older I get, the more I look forward to a new motorcycle.

Come on Yamaha!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Welcome to the forum... Fingers crossed you get the bike ASAP.... It is a very good bike and you will enjoy it 👍

• Like 2

Maybe this week?..... tap, tap, tap.....  Unable to focus on anything else.  Come on Yamaha!

• Haha 1

Brownie Im in Dana Point, Can I come by and check out the new bike when it arrives? Im torn between the T7 and the Triumph Scrambler 1200xe...thanks..........John

On 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM, Brownie said:

Just joined in the group here.  My first post.

I just got an update call from my dealer. He said maybe this week!  That would surprise me, but I'll let you all know when mine is home.

I've owned a lot of bikes, but the older I get, the more I look forward to a new motorcycle.

Come on Yamaha!

What was your projected delivery date?.  I’m trying to see if people are getting their bikes sooner than originally promised.

Projected delivery date....lol, that's funny. My dealer hasn't told me Shet, had to hound them to just get info on shipping. If I had to do it all over again would have probably went somewhere else. They act like since they have my money and know they have sold it, they could give a rat's ass less. Mine was suppose to ship the 11th and I'm in NC, I suppose the unit would ship from Georgia ??  Damn thing should be here already, Georgia is only 4 hours away..idk.  I'm burnt out on waiting though people all around me are getting theirs..smh.

1 hour ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

What was your projected delivery date?.

No bike yet. Like many, my dealership didn't really know from facts first of the month, just passing on promises from Yamaha.  I did get a call last week telling me Yamaha has shipped to their warehouse,  so maybe this week.  My guess probably next week. 

2 hours ago, JohnfromDP said:

Brownie Im in Dana Point, Can I come by and check out the new bike when it arrives?

Sure, it'll be real at some point. I'll post a hooray message as soon it's real.

Nothing seems to be solid until the dealer gets invoiced by Yamaha which is when the bike leaves the warehouse..

BTW I`m waiting too...

Claim #736454

Dealer says I am scheduled for second half of June. 
Hope you get yours this week and I hope I get mine as well.

It is getting old staring at the upper and lower crash bars, skid plate, rear rack, pannier racks, and new rear spring sitting there like Christmas presents under the tree.

Good Luck

Well...  not yet.  Update from my dealer says waiting for their allocation from Yamaha now.  Whatever the hell that means.  Their story changes every time I make contact.  Best I can tell is.... not today.   Unfortunately, I'm waiting on a back ordered battery for my GSA, so I can't even ride that and pretend.

Has anyone else here from California got their bike yet?

Edited by Brownie

37 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Well...  not yet.  Update from my dealer says waiting for their allocation from Yamaha now.  Whatever the hell that means.  Their story changes every time I make contact.  Best I can tell is.... not today.   Unfortunately, I'm waiting on a back ordered battery for my GSA, so I can't even ride that and pretend.

Has anyone else here from California got their bike yet?

Welcome to the forum. Hope your wait is short.

I am waiting on mine too, don't know if it is easier or harder for me, I have at least set on mine and can go visit it. I made an agreement with the dealer to let it set on the showroom floor, I get to pick it up on the 27th. This is kind of weird, first time I have bought a bike and not taken it home immediately. But really the whole deal is weird, I missed Priority Delivery Program by about an hour I guess, I had hesitated because I wanted to sell my current bike first. Out of impenitence last week I called my dealer to check on when I could order one and low and behold he tells me he has one that the deal didn't go through, naturally I took it, even though it was a different color than I had planed and had the Explorer pack that I didn't want. So now I have side cases and a bike to sell and my wife is asking where all the money went in the checking account, she wasn't as upset when I explained that some of the money went as a deposit on her Tenere 700.  I told her sense I am picking mine up the day after our 38th wedding anniversary, that this was the best present she has ever given me, she says great but she will probably won't get hers until her birthday in October.  Wait until she realizes the upgrades to the back yard she is planning now has to wait until I sell my other bike.  Boy, I better get her something nice for our anniversary, or I will be in deep.  

Welcome to this community. 

I must say its really good forum .

Hope you will get satisfied with your new bike

• Like 1