Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Introduction to Rally Raid Products Ltd

Ktmmitch

I'm a big fan of Rally raid...quality products and friendly service,  backed up with lots of knowledge,  especially re suspension.  Cheers,  Steve 

IMG_20200527_201904_071.jpg

IMG-20200531-WA0002.jpg

• 1 month later...

Anything made in the Old Dart has always been viewed as top notch ( with the exception of Leyland ). Look forward to more of your bits for the T7 and maybe get some Down Under.

I hope you continue to manufacture in the UK and not succumb to the far eastern peril.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• 9 months later...

Hey I just wanted to extend my thanks to Rally Raid for their great customer service. I own the Soft Luggage Rack, and took a hard fall on the left side with my Mosko Reckless 80 slung through the gear loops near the footpeg. I stopped quite abruptly (I was down in a ditch, rear tire slid out and the side of the bike slammed into the ditch). The gear loop on my Soft carrier was bent completely open, and the strap on my Reckless 80 sheared. I was able to tied the strap back together and get on my way just fine, but the gear loop remains bent.

I emailed John at Rally Raid and explained my situation, and requested some advice on fixing the loop (either cutting it off or bending it back), and without hesitation he offered to send me a new unit free of charge (Ok I paid shipping but I think that's extremely fair). 

My thoughts are that the gear loops functioned as intended, they bent and took some of the shock instead of bending the entire soft rack, and that's the cost of doing business when riding aggressively off-road. Perhaps the idea that the gear loop as an intentional weak-point could be improved by making it a bolt-on item for easy replacement (although I am not an engineer, so I don't know how this would affect the integrity of the tubing etc) 

Thanks Rally Raid for the great customer service and great quality in your manufacturing: I just received the Top Rack and it dropped right into place with the soft racks, no fuss. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TenereCanary said:

Hey I just wanted to extend my thanks to Rally Raid for their great customer service. I own the Soft Luggage Rack, and took a hard fall on the left side with my Mosko Reckless 80 slung through the gear loops near the footpeg. I stopped quite abruptly (I was down in a ditch, rear tire slid out and the side of the bike slammed into the ditch). The gear loop on my Soft carrier was bent completely open, and the strap on my Reckless 80 sheared. I was able to tied the strap back together and get on my way just fine, but the gear loop remains bent.

I emailed John at Rally Raid and explained my situation, and requested some advice on fixing the loop (either cutting it off or bending it back), and without hesitation he offered to send me a new unit free of charge (Ok I paid shipping but I think that's extremely fair). 

My thoughts are that the gear loops functioned as intended, they bent and took some of the shock instead of bending the entire soft rack, and that's the cost of doing business when riding aggressively off-road. Perhaps the idea that the gear loop as an intentional weak-point could be improved by making it a bolt-on item for easy replacement (although I am not an engineer, so I don't know how this would affect the integrity of the tubing etc) 

Thanks Rally Raid for the great customer service and great quality in your manufacturing: I just received the Top Rack and it dropped right into place with the soft racks, no fuss. 

Thanks for the feedback and support, we take riders (customers) comments on board, and try and develop our products before they go to market, but no amount of testing by us can replicate real-world scenarios caused by hundreds of owners, so we are pleased to here of problems, then try and rectify them before the next production run. This is one of the main benefits of designing, developing & manufacturing all in-house, we can react quickly to changes needed, to constantly improve our designs.

We are looking to either have the lower tab as a bolt-on part, so that it can easily be replaced, or change the design to make it less likely to bend.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi, do you have any estimate date for soft luggage racks? I ordered 10days ago ans thé website still says 3-4 weeks. Hope it will bé there for a trip i am planning.

I have already ordered somme stuff from you. Looks really good. Still have to mount the rear spring. By the way my wheel removal tool came without RRP logo 😭

• 6 months later...
30 minutes ago, SKunn said:

You charge eu customers vat also.  This means you have IOSS number if customs declaration requiers it?

No they don't.
It's deduced at checkout and the Eu will hit you with a bill to collect their tax.