Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

North American vs Euro spec bikes

JohnfromDP

Is there any difference in the bikes being delivered to North America from the bikes delivered to Europe? I was curious if there was any difference in the suspension or fueling of the bike. Thanks......

So it looks like the major change is the fuel mapping to adjust for our fuel blends. I was hoping for a heavier spring front and rear but I don't think it is different....Please chime in if you know anything....

Euro bikes only need oil changed every 10000 kms vs 6000 for Canadian bikes. You would think this would be the same across the board. I’ll  definitely be stretching my intervals out closer to the euro spec.

Are any T7s elsewhere coming with immobilizers? I was fearing NA bikes would have them. 

Just a plain, unelectronic, unprogrammed key for me, please. 

Edited by ahamay

16 hours ago, Peelu said:

Euro bikes only need oil changed every 10000 kms vs 6000 for Canadian bikes. You would think this would be the same across the board. I’ll  definitely be stretching my intervals out closer to the euro spec.

I wonder if it has to do with emissions and the fact that North American fuel is dirty and full of ethanol? 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

ECU fuelling and worse indicators that’s about it.

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I wonder if it has to do with emissions and the fact that North American fuel is dirty and full of ethanol? 

Yeah that’s probably it. Im still going to stretch the services out a bit. 6000kms seems pretty short unless your doing a lot of off road

On 6/9/2020 at 9:20 PM, Peelu said:

I think you're confusing the interval 10,000km with 6,000 mi.  In the Euro manual it says oil change is 10,000km(6,000mi)

J

T700 Manual Oil Schedule.png

My bikes a euro spec being in the UK and jist noticed its got ohlins front and rear and a factory fitted alarm with excel rims! 🙂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

I think you're confusing the interval 10,000km with 6,000 mi.  In the Euro manual it says oil change is 10,000km(6,000mi)

J

T700 Manual Oil Schedule.png

The Canadian manual lists the change as 6000km.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peelu said:

The Canadian manual lists the change as 6000km.

They are expecting us to ride these a lot harder 😉 - nah the ethanol is a good guess for sure.

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody has covered all the changes I know of except, a much better red, it truly is beautiful. It wasn't my first choice, but I was willing to take whatever I could get, when I saw it, I changed my mind. My wife had said she wanted either black or blue, then she saw mine and changed her mind as well.

This will be the second time in 38 years that we will have matching bikes, wasn't too keen on it the first time, now I don't mind. I am just glad that I have a wife that likes to ride and ride her own bike, I was smart and right after we got married, since she liked to ride I put her in a Keith Code class at Willow springs race track, best money I ever spent.

• Like 1