Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Insurance rates

Cruizin

That's just your motorcycle policy and doesn't include the cars and home?  I was quoted $302 added to my current motorcycle policy which, currently, only has one bike.    We have Travelers for everything else but I'll be looking at new quotes once it's time to renew.  Travelers doesn't do MC.   I had State Farm until they decided to raise the rates like 50% out of the blue even with no claims and a clean record.   Apparently Denver rates are high due to crap drivers and hail. 

19 minutes ago, rhicks said:

That's just your motorcycle policy and doesn't include the cars and home?  I was quoted $302 added to my current motorcycle policy which, currently, only has one bike.    We have Travelers for everything else but I'll be looking at new quotes once it's time to renew.  Travelers doesn't do MC.   I had State Farm until they decided to raise the rates like 50% out of the blue even with no claims and a clean record.   Apparently Denver rates are high due to crap drivers and hail. 

Thanks for the tip, I just called Progressive and got it lowered to $342 a year. The original agent i had talked to last week signed me up for like $300,000 in personal liability coverage and a bunch of other crap and I just had them drop it to the state required coverage.   If I cause $300,000 in damage on my T7, I would have to be riding drunk and on Acid and Meth all at the same time. 

• Like 2

Wow, you Americans have some low rates! Liability/damage coverage is $1mil minimum here in Canada, most opt to take $2mil. It's not about doing that much damage, it's about getting sued, say you crash with a passenger, hit a pedestrian, or whatever, I know cases where $1mil was pocket change, hence why Canada keeps it that a min. 

Edited by ScorpionT16

34 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Wow, you Americans have some low rates! Liability/damage coverage is $1mil minimum here in Canada, most opt to take $2mil. It's not about doing that much damage, it's about getting sued, say you crash with a passenger, hit a pedestrian, or whatever, I know cases where $1mil was pocket change, hence why Canada keeps it that a min. 

And good to have that higher amount in uninsured/underinsured coverage. I was in a bad wreck almost five years ago and even with the other driver's insurance AND my u/u it didn't cover the medical bills (~$400k). Luckily my health insurance covered it so all I had too pay was deductible and out of pocket max. But they want the vehicle insurance payout. And the other driver was young with no assets. So I got to spend a month in the hospital/rehab, next month in wheelchair, then start learning to walk again. And now I can't complain about living, but at 95% of what I was before. No big settlement or paycheck to help cope the the long-term effects either. And there are still pieces of that that are still being dragged on, FIVE years later.

Just checked with State Farm, I also have a home owners and a vehicle on there and for full coverage, uninsured motorist added it is $233 a year with $500 deductible. Can't believe how much cheaper it is in Washington compared to Idaho. 

I got a estimate from State Farm  for $312 a year as I don’t have the bike and a vin number to run yet. I have a lot with them. I’m in my early 40s too.  I’m still gonna check with progressive as a lot of guys on my dirt bike forum have had good luck with them. Doesn’t one of the companies even cover so much in accessories as long as you have receipts?? Can’t remember. 

Edited by Obi-Wan
Spelling

Yeah State Farm didn't have the bike in their system, so I said just go with the MT-07 for a guess being it's the exact same engine. She said that should be the same then for price. 

Who knows though until I get the vin. 

134,44 EURO/year full coverage with 500 deductible for me in Germany. We have a discount system for accident-free driving...

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, Obi-Wan said:

I got a estimate from State Farm  for $312 a year as I don’t have the bike and a vin number to run yet. I have a lot with them. I’m in my early 40s too.  I’m still gonna check with progressive as a lot of guys on my dirt bike forum have had good luck with them. Doesn’t one of the companies even cover so much in accessories as long as you have receipts?? Can’t remember. 

Ya I have Progressive "Drive" insurance for my Husqvarna FE350.  It covers up to 3k in upgrades and I pay about $185 annually for that coverage.  I just asked them to add my T7 but they wanted to charge me $800 for the T7 plus the $185 for the Husky! lol the Husky is worth more than the T7! I'm going to check out Geico, it looks like they have good rates for the T7

Just got mine. State Farm in Washington with full coverage including uninsured motorist is $232 a year. 

One insurance company quoted me $1900/yr. The insurance company I'm currently with for my car said because I haven't had insurance on a bike for 3 consecutive years recently (its been 4 since I've had a bike) that my insurance would be $1790/yr. Each would have to be paid up front.

I called my friend that works at said insurance company, even though she was on vacation, she logged into her computer and got me down to $380/yr for the exact same coverage.

Insurance is such a racket.

• Premium Member

I'm at $674/year for minimum coverage.
I agree, insurance companies (especially in Canada) are a complete scam.

Tazmool

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, bikeever said:

134,44 EURO/year full coverage with 500 deductible for me in Germany. We have a discount system for accident-free driving...

What's your SF?

Best regards,

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Mike

On 8/15/2020 at 6:18 PM, Mike-HRO said:

What's your SF?

15. It means 23-26% of the normal fee. 

39 minutes ago, 29er said:

£180 fully comp with MCE - although they added a £40 fee to swap if from the Multistrada that i wasn't happy about so i may look elsewhere when it's due but i was happy with 180 as a base having no "NCB".

have been checking around ,mines due next month, and its coming out similar to yours.