Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere engine issue or mental problem

sorlok

Hi Guys, 

Had my T7 sins last year, but still haven't done more than 800km because of the virus.

I am hearing allot of chatter/loud ticking during load/acc. and when releasing the power without load I hear ringing, from the rear.

Is this normal or is my mind playing tricks on me, perhaps because i'm going to take it on a long trip.

I have tried recording it, but it's hard to catch it, I hear it easy with helmet on.

Thanks 

Is your chain the correct tension as that willl chatter on the chain rail

• Premium Member

Mind tricks.
Engine makes a nice metallic noise on throttle like an old 911 Porsche which people loved.

Check engine level.

Engine  is strong

The ticking sound under power could just be the injectors firing. This is the consensus on the MT-07.
The ringing from the back could just be the chain tensioner. Because of the long suspension the bike has 2 chain rollers to limit the chains movement. I can certainly hear more sounds from the chain than my previous bikes.

s-l400.jpg.beed1786dfb18b2b4e4a27a68347b5ee.jpg

Properly all normal

Take the spark arrestor out of your exhaust and you won't hear anymore clicking. You won't hear much anything as it really opens the exhaust up. This is easy on USA and Canadian bikes, four screws and four nuts. Easy to put back on too, for the trails. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2020 at 12:13 PM, sorlok said:

Hi Guys, 

Had my T7 sins last year, but still haven't done more than 800km because of the virus.

I am hearing allot of chatter/loud ticking during load/acc. and when releasing the power without load I hear ringing, from the rear.

Is this normal or is my mind playing tricks on me, perhaps because i'm going to take it on a long trip.

I have tried recording it, but it's hard to catch it, I hear it easy with helmet on.

Thanks 

Same problem here......

• 1 year later...

I have it too, like a light top end hammering but only when under load or accellerating.  Throttle back - no noise.  Annoying in a new bike.

FJR1300, Niken, T7, Tricity 300, XS850

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, T7Lindo said:

I have it too, like a light top end hammering but only when under load or accellerating.  Throttle back - no noise.  Annoying in a new bike.

It’s part of the character and not a fault the engines are mega strong and reliable. I like the noises just like Porsche air cooled engines which people missed.