Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I talked to Seat Concepts today!

Cruizin

What took so long? 🙂 
Seriously thank you for doing this.  Picking mine up hopefully tomorrow.

This is awesome.  How long do they usually take for development until product availability?

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

I live close by and have worked with Robert before, great guy! Anywho, im dropping my bike off to them next week and they are gonna use it to design Multiple different seats including one pice and two piece seats, a low seat, a comfort seat and Rally Seats! 

Then, I think they are gonna become a vendor and have a group buy right here on the forum! 

Good things coming soon for our sore butts! 

Sweet, I was almost ready to buy the factory rally seat. Thanks

• Like 2

Thanks @Cruizin. I actually don't mind the stock regular seat but I'll still be buying a seat concepts cause I know it will be even better. I've had close to a dozen of their seats, every one was excellent.

• Like 2

Sore butts my ass. The stock seat is pretty damn comfortable i have no complaints except its a hot mofo in 100 degree heat. Definitely have to stand from time to time to air out the manly bits. 

Can't wait to see what seat concepts comes out with love there seats so much ill definitely be getting one. 

Thanks again for taking one for the team and loaning them your bike. 

I hope they hook you up with a seat of your choice.  

• Like 3

What are the advantages of a 2 part seat? I never understood why the OEM seat was designed in 2 sections. As a rider who stands a lot and moves around even when seated it just doesn’t make sense to me. 

I ordered the factory rally seat since it wasn't too expensive. Hopefully they will have the option to buy their seatfoam and cover for that base at a lower rate.

• Like 1

Hopefully I'll have my "2nd half of June" delivery date by the time Seat Concepts comes out with a group buy option! 

18 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I hate having to drop my bike off and not have it for multiple days. 

Your T7 community thanks you for your sacrifice............or at least I do. 

• Like 1

Thank god. The stock seat is horrendous. Hard and digs into my thighs. Couldn't wait to sit on my drz with seat concept seat again lol

• Like 1

Thanks for taking 1 for the team! Love the bike - hate the 2 part hard seat.

Cheers

-Bob

• Like 1

All butts are different.  I have a Seat Concepts on my KLR and love it.  I have rode a T7 just a short ways, but I don't think the seat is all that bad.  We will see when mine shows up and my butt gets some seat time.  To each their own.  All butts matter. 

• Haha 1

Pants also matter. I have a Rukka ROR and it has a thick back, standard T7 seat, no problem.

SC seat is of interest, I'll wait to see what comes out of there.

I find the T7 seat to be super comfortable but im comparing that to the supermoto seats ive gotten used to in the last 8 years. My only problem with the T7 seat is its a damn hot seat it doesn't seem to breathe much or something not sure but its a taint sweat inducing seat. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

I find the T7 seat to be super comfortable but im comparing that to the supermoto seats ive gotten used to in the last 8 years. My only problem with the T7 seat is its a damn hot seat it doesn't seem to breathe much or something not sure but its a taint sweat inducing seat. 

Save the taint!

• Like 2

I bought the rally seat as there were no options. Seat Concepts have always been my go to. I want a big fat tall seat foam for the stock seat! Thanks Cruizin. You ROCK!

• Like 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black