Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where to buy rear fender?

Tony_h81

Whould like to know if theres any place I can order a new rear fender? Whould be cool if there was in white colour, think it whould be nice on my red/white T7.

Regards/Tony 

• Premium Member

Do you mean a rear hugger?   (rear fender is a good description) 

I have the PowerBronze one, however they only come in matte black, black, and carbon fiber look, so you would have to paint it yourself if you want a white one.  Would look very sharp on the red-white T7. 

You could probably do a vinyl wrap of the fender and avoid painting etc. 

PowerBronze have links on here and are a forum supporter afaik. 

I do like the hugger, it was an easy install.

Tazmool

I mean the whole rear part that is red on the red/white T7, whould look clean if it was in white colour. Dont even know if there is possibly to buy a oem rear right now.

5 minutes ago, Tony_h81 said:

I mean the whole rear part that is red on the red/white T7, whould look clean if it was in white colour. Dont even know if there is possibly to buy a oem rear right now.

Just wrap it. So much faster and easier.

4 minutes ago, sbeck09 said:

Just wrap it. So much faster and easier.

Like decals? Do you have a link?

• Premium Member

It is sort-of like applying a decal, but you do actually heat, stretch and "wrap" the part in vinyl, works very well.

Look up automotive wrap on youtube. 
It is far easier than painting, and you can always fix it or change it if you change your mind. 

Wrapping a brand new rear fender would be super easy too.

There is no factory rear hugger/fender afaik, so you're stuck with aftermarket. 
The PowerBronze one goes on easy, it pretty much just bolts up and is a 10 minute install (once you are ready)

For wrapping, I would go with the solid black (no matte, you do not want a physical matte texture under the wrap)

The matte I went with perfectly matches the black bike I have, and looks 100% oem.

Tazmool

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tony_h81 said:

Like decals? Do you have a link?

Just a vinyl wrap like they do on cars all the time. It wouldn't take much material to wrap the rear body panel you are talking about and can be found most easily on Amazon. 3m brand is one of the better options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tazmool said:

It is sort-of like applying a decal, but you do actually heat, stretch and "wrap" the part in vinyl, works very well.

Look up automotive wrap on youtube. 
It is far easier than painting, and you can always fix it or change it if you change your mind. 

Wrapping a brand new rear fender would be super easy too.

There is no factory rear hugger/fender afaik, so you're stuck with aftermarket. 
The PowerBronze one goes on easy, it pretty much just bolts up and is a 10 minute install (once you are ready)

For wrapping, I would go with the solid black (no matte, you do not want a physical matte texture under the wrap)

The matte I went with perfectly matches the black bike I have, and looks 100% oem.

Tazmool

Thanks👍

• Like 1