Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Kriega OS bags match the black T7 perfect

Mr.motarded

Just installed my kriega bags to test fit on bike. They fit great and match perfect.  This is the OS base 24liter saddle bag kit and i added another 12liter to the top and i have an 18liter top bag on order. Cant wait to fill them and head off on my 5 day trip im planning at the end of june. 

There is a great review of these bags on a T7 here: 

20191020_114602-1024x768.jpg

Tested on the Yamaha Ténéré 700 This review contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of...

20200613_121021.jpg

20200613_121028.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Kriega bags suit the bike really well,  I have various bits of Kriega kit and it's been excellent, particularly the rucksacks.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

Not to change the subject, but what muffler did you put on?

Bike is looking good. I have at least a month wait. 

2 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

Not to change the subject, but what muffler did you put on?

Bike is looking good. I have at least a month 

Its a 70$ knock off exhaust.  Looks great and sounds amazing.  Its a cheap slipon and a cb500x link pipe. Not spending 100s of dollars on a pipe thats gonna get beat up off road. The prices company's are charging for slipon exhausts is criminal. 

• 1 month later...

Did you guys see that Kriega is now going to offer a Tenere700 specific OS Base? Think it said September or something..

• 7 months later...

Hi

Is this Kriega system waterproof? I didnt found any info about this on their page.

I ask beacuse I have ordered one but now one local guy sells his new Mosko Reckless 40L V3.0 for same price.

I'm wondering should I cancel my order for Kriega and take the Mosko instead?

Edited by Wizna

How easy is it to add/remove the bags once you have the OS-based connected to the bike? The straps need to go under the carrier?

Just wondering. Is this system with G buckles is safe?

I mean there is no risk for the hook to detach with the bag shaken on bumps?

58 minutes ago, Wizna said:

Hi

Is this Kriega system waterproof? I didnt found any info about this on their page.

I ask beacuse I have ordered one but now one local guy sells his new Mosko Reckless 40L V3.0 for same price.

I'm wondering should I cancel my order for Kriega and take the Mosko instead?

The Kriega system is waterproof. I have a 12 litre, and 2, 18 litres. They are fantastic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRSletten said:

The Kriega system is waterproof. I have a 12 litre, and 2, 18 litres. They are fantastic.

Alright, thanks for confirming! I'm going to stay with the Kriega then 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stabilo_Boss said:

How easy is it to add/remove the bags once you have the OS-based connected to the bike? The straps need to go under the carrier?

Removing or swapping bags off the base is best done with the base off the bike. Definitely the most fidly part of the whole system, but not at all difficult  Strap loops go through the carrier holes. Base with bags attached goes on & off the bike in seconds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, didier said:

Just wondering. Is this system with G buckles is safe?

I mean there is no risk for the hook to detach with the bag shaken on bumps?

None, they’re not going anywhere once you cinch the compression straps.

5 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Removing or swapping bags off the base is best done with the base off the bike. Definitely the most fidly part of the whole system, but not at all difficult  Strap loops go through the carrier holes. Base with bags attached goes on & off the bike in seconds.

That is one hell of a hassle... I think I'm going to wait for the GIVI Canyon Base to be available. 

5 minutes ago, Stabilo_Boss said:

That is one hell of a hassle... I think I'm going to wait for the GIVI Canyon Base to be available. 

Hardly a hassle,  you pick the bags that suit your needs put them on the base & then the whole rig goes on & of the bike in seconds. 

• 1 year later...

@Mr.motarded Did you ride with a pillion with the bags installed? Any complaints? I love the Kriega set but I can’t help thinking those straps will be a pain in the ass. Many thanks / D

Edited by Dave Mat

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dave Mat said:

Did you ride with a pillion with the bags installed? Any complaints? I love the Kriega set but I can’t help thinking those straps will be a pain in the ass. Many thanks / D

Your question will be seen much quicker if you ad the @ sign in front of the members screen name.  This thread being 20 months since the last post is all the more reason to try and directly reach your intended party.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators

@Dave Mat Mr.mortaded hasn't visited the board since 6/25/21 ( click on user name for this info), but this post might help with your question. 

• Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Looks great, looking at these bags, it there much damage to the rear panels as they sit direct on the panels..?

1 hour ago, Dan Walters said:

Looks great, looking at these bags, it there much damage to the rear panels as they sit direct on the panels..?

these types will always end up scuffing paint, moreso when you ride on dirt where all the grit gets in between the bag and the side panel.  So whichever you go with, just put a 3M clear  protective film, it's plenty thick.

• Thanks 1