Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Countdown tripmeter?

duggram

There are two trip odometers, a fuel reserve tripmeter and a countdown tripmeter.  What is the countdown tripmeter used for?  Is it supposed to be some kind of distance to empty meter?

Could also be used to count down distance to a destination.  Would be cool if you could add enough miles to it to do a countdown till oil change but i think it can only have 999 miles added to it. Honestly more of a pain to use then its worth. 

Yeah i just went out and played with Cd trip unfortunately can only go to 999.9 miles would love to use it for oil changes. I guess it could be used for fuel if you know how many miles you can get out of a tank , i just set mine to 200 miles lets see if i can make the tank last that long i doubt it though.