Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Does anyone know location of stock flasher relay?

Cruizin

Question

1.Im about to order new LED turn signals, does anyone know the location of the stock flasher relay? I don't want to wire in diodes, I'd rather just replace the relay with an LED flasher relay.    Anyone know where the flasher relay is located? Bonus point if you post a pic of it!

2. Is the relay two pin or three pin? 

3. Also, one relay handles all four turn signals, right?     

2 answers to this question

1. Its located directly below your right ass cheek when seated, between the frame & the outer fairing. There are 2 relays there, its the larger of the two closest to the back of the bike.

2. 2 pin

3. Yes it handles all 4

I may be doing the same thing tonight as all my parts just arrived. If you want to retain the running light option (assuming you  guys have that in the US), you'll need something like a Blinker Genie. You'll also want to order a LED specific relay, this is way easier than resistors...

Edited by Burner
  • Like 3

Look at this topic, the second page have pics i belive

• Like 1