Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What are you planning now?

sorlok

My original plan before Covid, was to go from Denmark to south eu, moving east over Balkan, Turkey, Iran, India, Asia

Back over Russian and as many stan countries as possible, or how long I could get in a year approx.

But now everything is different, things are opening up, and I think countries with equal infection rates will allow common travel.

But I'm a bit unsure, don't want to get stuck. Is any of you going any were this year ?  

• Like 1

I've scrapped foreign travel plans for 2020 including Canada.  Fortunately there is plenty of places inside our borders waiting to be explored.

• Like 1

I have postponed my Europe trip with the bike but if you have a year to do it... Delay another 2 3 weeks and get going man... I personally think things are going to fall into its normality soon and as long as you have directives that you are not supposed to quarantine passing through countries you should be good to go.. This might be perfect for an adventure... Less traffic and not a lot of tourists in the alps, there are people going up and down the passes now and it seems very nice. 

Look at this as an opportunity and not an obstacle. 👍🏍️💨⛽🔥🤓

• Like 1

@Idarex. Sure you are covered, my country is done in a few days 🙂

@Aleksandar13. It's the way to think, you are right. And this trip was not supposed to be about mainstream tourist places.

I hope you are right about things will fall into place. I think as long as I follow the rules and respect others health. I should not stop life completely.  Hope you get to do your trip soon.

Edited by sorlok
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, sorlok said:

@Idarex. Sure you are covered, my country is done in a few days 🙂

@Aleksandar13. It's the way to think, you are right. And this trip was not supposed to be about mainstream tourist places.

I hope you are right about things will fall into place. I think as long as I follow the rules and respect others health. I should not stop life completely.  Hope you get to do your trip soon.

I'll end up having the trip next year and this year exploring England and maybe I'll hit Wales in a weekend... I'll test my ass and the rally seat soon. 

Got some holidays to book after this month. 

Aleks 

We’re still hoping to ride through France to Northern Spain the first week in September to take part in The V.I.N.C.E.

We still need the UK quarantine to be scrapped and borders to open up, but the rate things are going I’m hopeful, and the event is currently still on. Just had a virtual catch up to begin planning the route this evening. 🤞🏻

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doogle said:

We’re still hoping to ride through France to Northern Spain the first week in September to take part in The V.I.N.C.E.

We still need the UK quarantine to be scrapped and borders to open up, but the rate things are going I’m hopeful, and the event is currently still on. Just had a virtual catch up to begin planning the route this evening. 🤞🏻

It looks like things are opening, we can go to Germany now and they say soon they will inform about travel between countries that are equal, lets hope.  V.I.N.C.E. is that the trail riding ?

17 minutes ago, sorlok said:

It looks like things are opening, we can go to Germany now and they say soon they will inform about travel between countries that are equal, lets hope.  V.I.N.C.E. is that the trail riding ?

Yes, it’s like a trail riding, map reading event in Northern Spain. Never done it before but looks good fun. I have trail ridden in that area and it’s great. We might take a bit of the TET in on the way down if we have time. 

• 2 months later...