Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Lancashire (UK)

Engineer

By way of introduction, I live in Lancashire and picked up my T7 at the beginning of March 2020. Being a bit short in the leg, I didn't ride it until I had installed lowering links and shorter fork springs. Then we had lockdown.

Spent my time relocating the exhaust higher and further inboard to allow the narrowest pannier frame installation, modifying pannier frames for the Trax pannier I already had, installing GPS crash bars and engine guard.

The inaccurate speedo bothered me so I bought and fitted a pair of 42 hole excellent ABS rings from @Aleksandar13 and speedo problem solved.

Due to my age (70) and a dicky ticker I won't be doing any rough offroading, but I still like to explore tracks in the Alps and Pyrenees and I'm experimenting with the black art of suspension tuning to find the plush ride that some talk of.

Enjoying the bike a lot so far.

IMG_20200617_122414 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20200617_122714 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20200617_122937 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20200617_122957 (Copy).jpg

Edited by Engineer
Spelling
  • Like 2

Welcome... You've got fastest colour as well.. 👍 👌🏍️💨

Welcome to the forum,  nice job on the exhaust.  Cheers,  Steve