Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High speed cruising speed?

motoAT

I am used to covering freeway ground at 80+ mph (130 kph) on my 1190 adventure. Trying to get to the good stuff asap!

The T7 seems pretty buzzy and high revving (with the stock gearing) at that speed or really anything over 70 mph. Thoughts? Anyone with an fz/mt-o7 have high mileage doing long distance higher speed miles?

• Like 1

Maybe my past bikes give me a totally different perspective, but I did 80-ish the entire way home from the dealer and anytime I'm on the highways here (so I don't get run over). I feel like mine is super smooth for being at like 6k-ish rpm. 

• Like 1

I thought the T7 held 100 fine for 10 - 15 miles at a time.  It didn’t feel like it had 110 in it but I never tried.  Reserve comes on way too early on extended high speeds.  You can watch the fuel bars fall off in real time.  I doubt 90 over long periods will bother the bike one bit.  Vibration is negligible.  I’m more concerned about the front tire holding up.

• Like 1

I find that the bike likes to cruise at 85mph just fine my problem is doing the speed limit just feels slow on this bike. I try do do the speed limit but i always end up where the bike is happy at 85.

• Like 1

It cruises ok @ 100mph but depending the height and helmet you may need different windscreen configuration...