Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

A good 2nm-24nm Torque Wrench?

SolH

Question

Maybe not a T700 specific question. However, I received my T700  after a 7 month wait and trying to outfit myself with proper tools. Particularly a light duty torque wrench with a range of approx. 2nm to 24nm.

Thank you for any leads!

Edited by SolH
Specificity
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Some good quality T handle hex keys are on my shopping list..the Rally raid wheel spanner is good and useful.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

Because I am Australian I have a couple of these in different sizes.

The Warren & Brown Torque Setting Equipment are the quality tools in the Australian automotive industry and their unparalleled accuracy and durability have enabled to stand the test of time and to still be regarded as the invaluable tools for any serious mechanic

I prefer the deflecting beam.

320510_1.jpg

3/8" drive; Range: 1 - 25Nm (10 - 220in.lbs)

For the Poms I have a 1/2" ratcheting head 100Nm 

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Do you have any mates you could borrow one from?

Not sure on your budget, and some may need re-calibrating depending on usage and age. Keep that in mind when considering how much dosh you want to drop on one. Go cheaper if it'll sit in a toolbox for ten years after you've finished with it. That way you can just go buy another if you don't trust it.

I picked up a CDI digital model a few years back when wrenching a motor on another bike, worked a treat.