Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

O-H-I-O

Seriously

I’ve been lurking for a couple months, but thought I’d make this official now that I have a ship date for my T7. The dealer called a couple days ago and said my ship date is 6/30.

I’m really looking forward to throwing a leg over my new bike!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Congrats, and welcome to the forum! Don't be a stranger and post up some pics of your sweet ride when it arrives. Cheers.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Welcome to the forum... I bet you are like a kid before Christmas especially seeing all the reviews from other owners 👍😀

Not long now ⌚🏍️💨

Aleks 

Congratulations! Welcome to the Forum.

I know the sweet anguish of waiting, I get to pick mine up next Saturday. The anticipation is killing me, sleep alludes me witch is really bad in my case I usually only sleep 4-5 hrs a night as it is, I can't afford to be loosing any. I never bought a bike and not brought it right home before, what was I thinking? I agreed to let the dealer keep it on the showroom floor for ten days, a agreement I regret more and more every day. Maybe if I go down there everyday and just caress it he will relent and let me take it home, that just might work, got to go i think they are still open. No, I just looked at the clock, their closed. Maybe I should go down there early in the morning, you know like the lady in the commercial, just peering through the glass chanting, "open, open, open," when they arrive in the morning. Gee I think sleep deprivation has set in.

Hope the waiting doesn't get the best of you.   

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forum! I was lucky enough to get one of the first T7's in the USA, my dealer had mine on June 4th. I have been having a blast on it.  Great in the dirt, and surprisingly good in the twisties. 

I was riding some mountain forest service roads today, and then took a highway home that is full of twisties and I was going as fast as I used to go on my FZ09 thru the corners. This bike is truly a unicorn, it does it all.  I am really surprised by the Pirelli tires. Taking 55 mph corners at 90 mph, fully leaned I felt like I was on streetbike tires. Aired them down to 28 front and rear and did just fine in the dirt, even in some mud. 

This is what you have to look forward to, a do it all bike that will keep surprising you.