Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Alabama Bikes

mattm

Starting a thread for any Alabama bikes... 

Ride plans, suggestions for where to ride, etc.... 

• 2 months later...

Finally made to Talladega National Forest today. Stayed on the south end, going up 600-1 and working back down the west side (through Waldo, etc.). I knew the park was fun to ride and it absolutely was. Everyone that says the bike makes you want to go fast is absolutely right. I had to tell myself to chill when I realized I was taching it up in 4th in a few places.  

Good stuff. IMG_20200823_115533.thumb.jpg.c3c133ac2f79440076c4f7608026f230.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New owner in Springville, Al. About halfway between Birmingham and Gadsden on I59. Ridden Talladega in the past on my KLX250/351 and '92 BMW R100GS.

Edited by norton73
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, norton73 said:

BTW, are you familar with Motorcycle Alabama?

Motorcycle Alabama - Index

There's a few rides organized over there, been some fun ones.

I've not heard of this. I'll check it out. Thanks

Edited by mattm
Typo

• 5 months later...

Not much activity in this thread but i'll chime in.  After being bike-less for too many years, I've got a deposit on a T7 at Speedzone in Oxford.  Supposedly its arriving in the next 4-6 weeks.  I'm based out of Trussville and i'd love to link up with some fellow T7 owners and burn some gas.  My background is a mixture of sportbikes, sport touring, and a few hundred miles on a WRF450 that collected way too much dust just sitting around.  I'm excited about adventure bikes and doing some BDR's.  

• Like 2

Me and a few rode the SEAT route mostly the AL part a couple of weeks ago.  It was a blast.  Two T7's from Nashville but you have some good riding down there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roarke said:

Not much activity in this thread but i'll chime in.  After being bike-less for too many years, I've got a deposit on a T7 at Speedzone in Oxford.  Supposedly its arriving in the next 4-6 weeks.  I'm based out of Trussville and i'd love to link up with some fellow T7 owners and burn some gas.  My background is a mixture of sportbikes, sport touring, and a few hundred miles on a WRF450 that collected way too much dust just sitting around.  I'm excited about adventure bikes and doing some BDR's.  

When you get it, let us know. I'm just up the road in Springville and ride Talladega some. Consider joining Motorcycle Alabama as linked above for more riding options.

• Like 1

OK I've joined the MA forum. Looks like a ton of great content and alot of active users. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...