Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Alaska!

Roger  James

My strive to acquire a T7 started a month ago when I told a co-worker that if he bought a bike I would commit to buying one also. He's a fan of the orange and therefor bought a new 790R last weekend. I've been in pursuit of a T7 since this time last month. Knowing I missed the PDP program and didn't get an order in I called a good friend of mine who works for Yamaha and he started calling around. I had a lead on 3 potentials that were dependent on the owners not liking or fitting when they showed up. (What are the odds of that?!!) Last week I looked on a dealers website and saw that they were advertising one. I EMEDIATLY called when they opened to see what is availability was? That's where it gets confusing! Long story short, the person that wanted to see it first was not answering his phone or emails, so the squeaky wheel got the grease. I gave a deposit for them to hold it until I can get there on the 2nd to pick it up. I've never even seen one in person and I'm spending all my free time scanning the web looking for goodies I "must have". So far I've not made any additional purchases, but not sure how much longer I can holdout. I'm just a simple man!  

I've still got my WRR that I absolutely love but want more on the highway without abandoning the dirt and trails. Thank you Yamaha!!

Edited by Roger James
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Roger James said:

My strive to acquire a T7 started a month ago when I told a co-worker that if he bought a bike I would commit to buying one also. He's a fan of the orange and therefor bought a new 790R last weekend. I've been in pursuit of a T7 since this time last month. Knowing I missed the PDP program and didn't get an order in I called a good friend of mine who works for Yamaha and he started calling around. I had a lead on 3 potentials that were dependent on the owners not liking or fitting when they showed up. (What are the odds of that?!!) Last week I looked on a dealers website and saw that they were advertising one. I EMEDIATLY called when they opened to see what is availability was? That's where it gets confusing! Long story short, the person that wanted to see it first was not answering his phone or emails, so the squeaky wheel got the grease. I gave a deposit for them to hold it until I can get there on the 2nd to pick it up. I've never even seen one in person and I'm spending all my free time scanning the web looking for goodies I "must have". So fat I've not made any additional purchases, but not sure how much longer I can holdout. I'm just a simple man!  

I've still got my WRR that I absolutely love but want more on the highway without abandoning the dirt and trails. Thank you Yamaha!!

Welcome to the forum! We have supporting vendors here who make great parts for the T7, start with them and you can't go wrong! 

• Like 1