Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Glad I didn’t go down the GS route.....

Ntec

So that's what a GS looks like chopped, that's a lot of rake, at least he didn't do a fork extension too.

• Haha 2

That’s what happens when a GS gets too far from a Starbucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sent to friends who own the 1250... That didn't go down as well as I planned... Only one with yamaha in the group at the moment... They all are jealous 😜🤣

Got rid of 1200 gsa due to problems 👍

Aleks 

• Like 2

I have both a 1250GS and a T700. I can write a 10 page essay about problems with both, however the GS will fill 9.75 of them pages!!

Still smiling though!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ntec said:

Came across this 2019 GS 1250 while out for a spin on my T7 today - eek!

0409C40F-4956-419B-82D1-9F3299DADA2F.jpeg

47CDBF80-9491-454C-A652-720887FED543.jpeg

Could be expensive 

I bet this is a write-off. must have hit a stone or some hard edge. The rim has clear sign of impact

Edited by Osprio

3 hours ago, Ntec said:

Came across this 2019 GS 1250 while out for a spin on my T7 today - eek!

0409C40F-4956-419B-82D1-9F3299DADA2F.jpeg

47CDBF80-9491-454C-A652-720887FED543.jpeg

I think wrong tyre pressure or cheap oil🤪

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Osprio said:

I bet this is a write-off. must have hit a stone or some hard edge. The rim has clear sign of impact

48 minutes ago, Osprio said:

There was some rim damage, but not that much. I couldn’t work out if it was the cause or a result of the failure. It was on a pretty good B road - can’t imagine what he could have hit there that would have caused the failure. I’m guessing he realised something was wrong as the rest of the bike wasn’t really damaged, so I think he must have slowed down before it failed. Bet he won’t be too confident next time he goes for a ride on a GS! 😂

14 minutes ago, Ntec said:

There was some rim damage, but not that much.

I can see the damage at the top of the rim near the forks on the right hand side. looks like it has taken taken quite a hit. All it takes is the right combination of speed and angle and it's gone. Then again i could be talking bull.. who knows? My GS is for my onroad 90 mile daily commutting. Can't beat it in bad weather, permanent Scottish feature. The T700 is for town and country fun, but useless for such weather commuting. Horses for courses..

Edited by Osprio

I’m sure your right, just hard to imagine anything on that road nearby harsh enough to cause the damage - couldn’t even see any big potholes. Maybe a puncture and then hit something??? Still a bit frightening if that leads to suspension failure......😱

You are right, if it happened at speed he would have been shitting bricks for a few moments..

Jeeezus, i had a 1250!rally and that was a panzer but the adventurer model is King Tiger of a lump!