Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Getting close.

UtahJack

Getting really close, but time seem to be going so slow, will Saturday ever get her?

Couldn't stand it, went and saw my baby today.

Why did I ever consent to letting them keep it on the showroom floor for ten days?

Shoot the check has already cleared the bank, if I wanted to be a !#$%^& I could just say hey that's mine I am taking it now!

Well, it's tempting but no, I just hope they get a lot of deposits so I don't feel like I went through this for nothing.

Sure glad the red is different on the NA model since I didn't have a choice in color.

0622201239a_HDR.thumb.jpg.86b6f5ec0e2b8df4b3e76e56dafed79e.jpg0622201258_HDR.thumb.jpg.cb291a90c2ef78e48b28f544bf82d21c.jpg

Just now, Fiddyone said:

Did they give you a discount for leaving it for 2 weeks? 

I wish, nobody gets discounts, the sales manager is jealous he wanted one of the first ones, but they told him he couldn't have one unless he paid full price, no employee discounts on the Tenere.

As it was, I bought $1500 of accessories I didn't want, i.e. side cases and mount, just told them to leave them in the box and I will try selling them. I am not sure what the limit was for me to get one of the first ones since I missed the PDP.

But I am getting close, I can taste it, although I don't think they appreciated me kissing it today.

Wait a minute.  You missed the PDP, but they have the bike?  Was it an order someone passed on?  

7 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

Wait a minute.  You missed the PDP, but they have the bike?  Was it an order someone passed on?  

Of coarse, you don't think there are dealers that would violate policy and misuse the PDP system, that would be unethical.

Although I suppose there might be a few, I have heard of dealers with bikes for sale, one in Washington and one in Wyoming. But than again perhaps they too had deals that for whatever reason fell through.

To be honest I wasn't to concerned as to how or why I was going to get one, just extremely thankful that I was. I didn't care that it wasn't my first choice in color or that it had options I didn't want, I had cash and wanted my bike. 

If you found yourself without a PDP number and heard the next available bike would most likely be in September, would you question very hard how this had happened or just write the check?

6 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

Of coarse, you don't think there are dealers that would violate policy and misuse the PDP system, that would be unethical.

Although I suppose there might be a few, I have heard of dealers with bikes for sale, one in Washington and one in Wyoming. But than again perhaps they too had deals that for whatever reason fell through.

To be honest I wasn't to concerned as to how or why I was going to get one, just extremely thankful that I was. I didn't care that it wasn't my first choice in color or that it had options I didn't want, I had cash and wanted my bike. 

If you found yourself without a PDP number and heard the next available bike would most likely be in September, would you question very hard how this had happened or just write the check?

I'm not giving you crap, any one of us would jump on it.  It's just disheartening though.  A fair number of us did it the way it was requested and had dealers who followed the instructions, but given the cryptic methodology that Yamaha divvied out the bikes.....  it certainly wasn't in the order of reservations, it's frustrating   I don't know if you saw the sales bulletin that was sent to the dealers (it's all over the place online), but it was pretty clear dealers were requested not to poach any bikes.

Like I said, not your doing.... but it's definitely disheartening, especially to someone who ordered a red/white one and followed the PDP to the letter.

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

I'm not giving you crap, any one of us would jump on it.  It's just disheartening though.  A fair number of us did it the way it was requested and had dealers who followed the insturctions, but given the cryptic methodology that Yamaha divvied out the bikes.....  it certainly wasn't in the order of reservtions, it's frustrating   I don't know if you saw the sales bulletin that was sent to the dealers (it's all over the place online), but it was pretty clear dealers were requested not to poach any bikes.

Like I said, not your doing.... but it's definitely disheartening, especially to someone who ordered a red/white one and followed the PDP to the letter.

No, no, no, I never thought you where giving me crap, it was more an attempt at humor, that is the problem with text you don't see the smile you don't hear the tone.

Yes, I can truly empathize with all those waiting for , or those who are in a state of not knowing when or if.

I was bummed I had hesitated originally because I though it would be best to sell my current bike first. Than I finally said no I will go for it just to find they had all gone in hours. After weeks of anguish I called my local dealer to see if he had heard any news as to when I could order one, he told me he had just got one in that was now available. I told him I was on my way. He took a deposit for two bikes, one for me and one for my wife, under the understanding that there were two people that had inquired about the T7 before me. This was in spite of the fact I had originally inquired before the opening of the PDP.  So if they weren't ready it was mine. Two days later he let me know it was mine, I rushed down paid for it and ask him to convert the deposit on the two bikes all toward my wife's so the next available one would be hers. I chalk it up to an answered prayer.

Edited by UtahJack
  • Like 1