Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rear spring.

Limey

I gave up and ordered one from rally raid. 95nm spring. I’m 215 plus gear so that is what I’m going with. Price was good and the shipping was quick (not cheap for sure). Now if my bike would just get here😎  If it shows this week( I’m second half of June) I will let you know how it performs. 

Total  with shipping was 169.00 us

This also includes one of their T7 spanners that was around 15$ us. 

shipping was right at 24$us

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TennesseeTenere said:

I gave up and ordered one from rally raid. 95nm spring. I’m 215 plus gear so that is what I’m going with. Price was good and the shipping was quick (not cheap for sure). Now if my bike would just get here😎  If it shows this week( I’m second half of June) I will let you know how it performs. 

It’s not just the shipping I also get hit with duty. Just checked Rally Raid and it looks like they are out of the 95nm spring.

although shipping can be expensive, as a percentage of the total order value, if ordering just one item, if you can order more than 1 item then the extra shipping costs are minimal, wealso have the same problem here at Rally Raid when ordering Scotts steering dampers from the USA, or F2R roadbooks from the EU, it's preferable to bundle up if possible 

• Like 3

Even with duty and shipping, Rally Raid was cheaper and on my doorstep in a few days. I'm in northern Alberta, but it all showed up for a reasonable price here.

• Like 1

stadium suspension in Quebec is an option. I talked to them a couple of times and from the specs of the springs found on the net, they have it in stock. 

I will likely get one  in the next couple of weeks and can report back.

Price was $190 Canadian (maybe $195). They will install it for free on the shock if you ship your shock or drop by if you live close. Also like the fact that I can exchange it if it's not the right one.

• Like 1

I would try measuring the spring both length and diameter and giving Racetech a call.

• Supporting Vendor

@Limey We can supply you with K-Tech in either of those spring rates.  Please PM me for special forum pricing 🙂

- Paul

I ordered a 90nm spring from Rally Raid as well.  Pretty fast shipping.  I also got  a few other goodies from them - wheel spacers and front/rear axle tool. 

Just ordered and received a 90nm,but worried its gonna be too heavy for my 12 ish stone plus riding gear.. I will fond out soon! 

2 minutes ago, jojitsu56 said:

Just ordered and received a 90nm,but worried its gonna be too heavy for my 12 ish stone plus riding gear.. I will fond out soon! 

I think that will be just fine based on my experience.

Cheers

On 6/23/2020 at 9:30 PM, TennesseeTenere said:

Have you had a chance to try your spring yet? I'll be needing a similar weight and I'm hoping you say it totally transformed the bike and there's no need for an Ohlins 😃

Edited by albacore

10 hours ago, Rich TT said:

I think that will be just fine based on my experience.

Cheers

Are you a similar weight? How have you found the 90nm shock compared to the standard one? Cheers 

2 hours ago, jojitsu56 said:

Are you a similar weight? How have you found the 90nm shock compared to the standard one? Cheers 

I'm 13 stone without riding gear and went for the 90Nm spring. It's spot on. Only 5 clicks of preload now to get the correct race and static sag. Before it was 22 clicks out of 24 to get it anywhere near.

Rich

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

I'm 13 stone without riding gear and went for the 90Nm spring. It's spot on. Only 5 clicks of preload now to get the correct race and static sag. Before it was 22 clicks out of 24 to get it anywhere near.

Rich

This thread is getting a bit personal with the weights and all that 😅 ...good thing is that I only understand KG and not stone ..🤪😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, albacore said:

Have you had a chance to try your spring yet? I'll be needing a similar weight and I'm hoping you say it totally transformed the bike and there's no need for an Ohlins 😃

Unfortunately I’m still waiting on the bike. My dealer called and confirmed that it was at the warehouse ( whatever that means)and due to ship out yesterday.  I’m going to call him today and have him check again. I’m hoping like you, the spring does the trick and I do not have to upgrade the shock.  Hard to know till I sit on it. Fingers are crossed and I will let you know.  Cheers. 

On 6/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, BellissiMoto said:

@Limey We can supply you with K-Tech in either of those spring rates.  Please PM me for special forum pricing 🙂

- Paul

I just received mine from rally raid  yesterday. Thank you very much for the offer.

The shock seems to be ok. I changed to the 85nm spring and if I turn rebound damping all the way its a bit too much so just dial it back a bit. 

The main thing to do when you get your new bike is set the sag as close as you can get it and turn everything to be relatively stiff. The factory setup is so soft that the front of the bike is all over the place. I know some people have said to make it softer but I you certainly say go stiff and work back. 

Living in Southern California has it's privileges. Lots of aftermarket performance shops abound for the motorcycles, trucks, and sports vehicles.

Going to check with Race Tech and Eibach since they are local shops.

I know Eibach springs are short, so I don't want one of the current ones + spacer. I've heard they custom made a spring for Race Tech. I'll check out with them when my T7 is finally delivered.

• Supporting Vendor
On 7/2/2020 at 12:59 PM, Limey said:

I just received mine from rally raid  yesterday. Thank you very much for the offer.

No worries, let us know how you like it!

On 7/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

This thread is getting a bit personal with the weights and all that 😅 ...good thing is that I only understand KG and not stone ..🤪😂

You are lucky enough that you are not stuck at the stone age like others.😎

• Haha 2