Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rally Edition

Toei

Looks nice doesn't it?!

I've written a preview of the bike based on what we know here if anyone is interested:

2020_yam_xtz700sp_eu_syb_sta_005_03-7714

We will be talking all things Tenere 700 on Friday’s episode of the 9to5ADV Podcast. Coming out on 26/06/2020. Subscribe

• Like 3

9to5adv.com

Just saw that from the 9 to 5 email, thanks for ruining my day 😭 I pick my new white one up on Friday, typical 🤣

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bratton said:

Just saw that from the 9 to 5 email, thanks for ruining my day 😭 I pick my new white one up on Friday, typical 🤣

Oh no! That's annoying. You'll just have to hang out with the rest of us that have the bog standard edition 🤣

• Haha 1

9to5adv.com

That's very annoying, get rid of the shite colours first , then bring out the proper jobs 😙

• Haha 2

All the accessories on the Rally edition are already available for current owners to purchase. There are lots of aftermarket options for excellent graphics kit. I bet you could pretty well get an exact replica of the Rally livery.

Gold rims are available through aftermarket, Rally raid has them.

I'm glad Yamaha is working on different versions of the T7, its a great bike and they should keep on expanding options for owners. Hopefully a true Rally version with race-spec suspension and off-road focused rims eventually becomes available, but in the meantime the aftermarket has options.

There is a new Tenere 700 in the pipeline as Yamaha have applied for type approval for it. If you look for Long Way Home on YouTube he talks about.

Edited by Adventure6965

5 minutes ago, Adventure6965 said:

There is a new Tenere 700 in the pipeline as Yamaha have applied for type approval for it. If you look for Long Way Down on YouTube he talks about.

you mean Long Way Home right?

But yes, this has been long speculate. I still prefer the white and CERAMIC ICE (or as Revzilla said it spells out I C ICE CREAM color 🤣) myself but that is personal.

Edited by TimmyTheHog

If you want your own version of the Rally edition you can buy the body panels which are not too expensive and the Rally Raid gold wheels.  I managed to get a spare set of body panels a while ago,  tank cover panel,  large side panels and the tail piece. I didn't know about the forthcoming Rally edition...iv'e already had a  friend spray them in Faraway Blue,  which I think is the colour of the new Rally edition! Hopefully by the end of next week I should have finished the project....and thanks to the good advice on the forum about fitting decals!  Fingers crossed!! Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Great Escape said:

If you want your own version of the Rally edition you can buy the body panels which are not too expensive and the Rally Raid gold wheels.  I managed to get a spare set of body panels a while ago,  tank cover panel,  large side panels and the tail piece. I didn't know about the forthcoming Rally edition...iv'e already had a  friend spray them in Faraway Blue,  which I think is the colour of the new Rally edition! Hopefully by the end of next week I should have finished the project....and thanks to the good advice on the forum about fitting decals!  Fingers crossed!! Cheers,  Steve 

Thanks for your input on this.  When you received the panels did they already have factory decals on them (which of course you would have taken off before repainting)?  

• Like 1

I hope they come out with a rally edition with Ohlins forks. I'd go to one of those dumb dealers down south who couldn't figure out the preorder, take one of the new Rally editions for a test ride and swap out the ohlins for my stock forks and return it and say " gotta think about it ". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Are you sure the Rally edition panels fit the non Rally version? I mean the upper tank area under the fuel cap is it interchangeable? The plastic under the fuel cap is it a panel or the actual tank itself?

• Like 1

I talked to a senior Yamaha rep in Europe and he assured me that all Rally edition plastics are interchangeable with the standard version plastics, even the one on the tank area. so they fit and this is good news for those who would have prefered the rally edition version.

• Like 2

the only thing i would want is the paint scheme. love that blue and speed blocks

There is something more to it. Yamaha T700 standard edition is equipped with cheap street grips...the rally edition gets the proper off road grips...

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Toei said:

Thanks for your input on this.  When you received the panels did they already have factory decals on them (which of course you would have taken off before repainting)?  

Hi Toei, the panels come 'bare' ...you would have to buy the decals separately.  I'm having my own decals made, so it doesn't matter. I'm not sure about the new Rally edition...it might come complete . Iv'e always loved the Dakar Tenere's,  that shade of blue with the race decals and gold wheels looks terrific in  my eyes!!. I saw a T7 a couple of months ago made by Flash 76, a French Yamaha dealership . That was all hand painted...it looks great but was very expensive...I'm doing my own version !. Hopefully it will look good and give a nod to the Dakar/ Sonauto Tenere's.  Cheers,  Steve 

4 hours ago, al700 said:

Are you sure the Rally edition panels fit the non Rally version? I mean the upper tank area under the fuel cap is it interchangeable? The plastic under the fuel cap is it a panel or the actual tank itself?

Hi Al, as you have found out all the panels are interchangeable ...the only problem you will have is if you don't have a black fuel tank you will need to paint or wrap the part of that shows.   Cheers,  Steve 

Great colour sticker set but they called rally this bike and it is shamed for yamaha history...

17 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Hi Al, as you have found out all the panels are interchangeable ...the only problem you will have is if you don't have a black fuel tank you will need to paint or wrap the part of that shows.   Cheers,  Steve 

I have the Competition white version so the tank side is black...not silver/grey like the blue rimmed version...so I guess it is ok...

Would be interested to know how much the blue panels are and wheels?

i dont want to lose my original wheels for the gold ones 

For reference, the body panels for Intensity White are:

(All colors look to be priced the same)

Rear tail section $240ish + 24(2) for decals =  $288

Tank top $190

Sides $160(2) plus decals.  Currently $15 but figure 25-30 each for the Rally version.

--------------------------------------------------------

$638

Add Front wheel ( Hub, bearings, spokes, rotors, and rim) 

$969

Add rear wheel and components

$500

-------------------------------

$2167

roughly for plastics and rims.  Obviously  you can also do this via aftermarket and probably better quality and cheaper...other than the panels as the wraps don't look as good and paint is pricey.

J

Edited by Goldentaco
  • Like 1

Hmm blimey, thats gonna add up but your right the aftermarket would be better, thanks for that

I would go for aftermarket tubeless wheels. It's ok to get the plastics but wheels better aftermarket. Also the handlebar needs change and the grips.