Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Wind deflectors

Timonyt

what would be the best solution for the windshield.  Giwi works, but the helmet shakes.  air can enter from the bottom sides of the plexiglass.  when driving at 80 km / h and up and take your left hand free, and lift it a little off the tank by 20 cm so a strong wind would raise your hand.  that is, the air would appear to interfere with the air escaping from below the windshield.  This was not on my last bike.  I am about 193 cm tall.  This is the only bad feature on the bike.  would help if you add wings below the plexiglass.

I use T7rally shield riser. I found it fantastic for me. I’m only 180 cm though. Sorry didn’t quite understand your analogy  of the wind under the screen, this obviously increases this but I don’t find it an issue. Good luck hunting for your right solution 😎

• Like 2

Power bronze International @RichardPB

are a vendor here and offer side wings that look good.. According to their tests they have a positive effect on reducing the wind... I'm getting them soon to match my sport screen. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Power bronze International @RichardPB

are a vendor here and offer side wings that look good.. According to their tests they have a positive effect on reducing the wind... I'm getting them soon to match my sport screen. 

Aleks 

I was hoping you'd be the tester for us. I've been eyeing them for a couple weeks now, but not sure if it's very worth it. I'm also curious if they leave plenty of room for real handguards.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sbeck09 said:

I was hoping you'd be the tester for us. I've been eyeing them for a couple weeks now, but not sure if it's very worth it. I'm also curious if they leave plenty of room for real handguards.

Once I have them I'm happy to report back... At the moment I'm eyeing an quickshifter first 🤓

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Once I have them I'm happy to report back... At the moment I'm eyeing an quickshifter first 🤓

Not to be negative at all, I thought about that too, but I've heard they can be pretty hard on some of the gears like 3rd. I've seen some FZ07 owners talking about it. Make sure to research carefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbeck09 said:

Rally Raid did a testing fit video on facebook

Seems to work well.

Personally I might go with the side wing +  a MRA windshield extension on the top.

• 2 months later...

madstad.com  is a recognized leader in wind / buffeting protection noted by inmates on ADVrider.com

They don't yet have listed a T7 screen, but suggested they do and reach out to Bob for a group buy.

Adjustable motorcycle windshield systems. Designed to eliminate buffeting and create a smoother ride.

Edited by ADVUSA

52 minutes ago, Ktmmitch said:

https://www.facebook.com/RallyRaidProducts/videos/557609771521327

a brief video showing the extended wings with Barkbuster handguards fitted to our own T7

Good option. The Madstad screens would be significantly larger than any screen on the market, they make them purposely larger for those battling hearing problems and wind.

Good option with the side wind deflectors, it looks like LongHaulPaul is running with those on his T7.

Hope he's doing ok.

15 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

Good option. The Madstad screens would be significantly larger than any screen on the market, they make them purposely larger for those battling hearing problems and wind.

Good option with the side wind deflectors, it looks like LongHaulPaul is running with those on his T7.

Hope he's doing ok.

I wasn't really sure about noise cancelling earbuds for protecting hearing, but those are endorsed as well in this interesting article.

Aerodynamics-of-a-motorcycle.-Turbulence

Editor’s Note: This article was contributed by Guido van Eijsden, developer of Scenic, a […]

• Like 1

I’m pretty happy with the powerbronze deflectors. I’d say around a 30-40% improvement in reducing wind noise which I’d consider good. The stock hand guards would just touch the deflectors at full lock, and the tusk handguards I just installed don’t touch at all.

I’m also using the T7 screen adjusters which didn’t reduce wind noise a lot but I’m able to ride with my visor up.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I previously had the PB deflectors which worked well but one of them recently got broken so Im looking to replace them. Shipping from RR is quite high but maybe similar to PB.. What Im wondering is if anyone has tried the AliExpress version of these deflectors? They are only about 35$ so considering giving them a shot

I got this cheap one off Amazon last year. When it came I thought it looked like junk, but once assembled and attached to windshield it seems fine. Well worth anyone's time to try it.

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~