Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Got foam unifilter and pre filter today

Cruizin

Got mine the other day also ordered from Uni direct. Shipped to my door was less than any other USA listing. And how bout that Australia Post?  Tracking updates were spot on. 

J

• Like 1

Lucky me!

Uni Filter Australia home office is only 20 mins from my place, I'm dropping by to pick up next weekend.

Thanks for the pics cruising o got the part numbers 👍👌

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

Got mine the other day also ordered from Uni direct. Shipped to my door was less than any other USA listing. And how bout that Australia Post?  Tracking updates were spot on. 

J

No joke, tracking updates were really good, even let me know when it hit and left customs. I'm ordering a couple spare now. I like to keep a couple cleaned and oiled in ziplock bags for quick changes after really dusty rides. 

I'm gonna start ordering more from Aus to take advantage of the exchange rates. 

• Like 1

Ordered mine 10 days ago direct.  Installed it yesterday.  I got two extra pre-filters.  Pretty happy about it.

Ciao sapete dirmi come avete fatto a trovarli sono entrato nel loro sito ma non li ho trovati grazie

On 6/26/2020 at 11:02 PM, Cruizin said:

I had ordered from Unifilter Australia and it took just week and a half to get here. I'm at work, wife sent the pics . 

You get your fuel mapping changed if you place this filter?

On 6/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Cruizin said:

Blue filter takes the place of the stock paper air filter, red filter goes over the snorkel tip. 

Many of you won't need prefilter, but some of the places I ride are extremely sandy and dusty. 

My understanding is that the pre-filter should only be used in extreme dusty situation when riding in groups. That the use of a pre-filter does cause and air flow restriction and can adversely affect performance and should not be used under normal circumstances.  Also those that do run them in extreme dusty circumstances should carry spares and change them frequently.

If you are on a dusty road or track slip on a  pre filter. It's quicker and easier to swap and or clean than the main filter. Plenty of room under the seat to store pre filter and spares in a zip lock bags ready oiled up for use. Also very  cheap compared to a main filter and easier stored. Just remove pre when finished dusty riding. Very sensible on a long trip. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine and a couple of extras today, only 2 weeks, direct from Australia 

20200711_135645.jpg

Edited by Subsea
added line
  • Like 2