Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Another hi from Norway!

Magz

Just chiming in guys.  I’m coming of a Mt09sp and will continue my riding on a white/red T7.  It’s at the dealer right now.  It’s like christmas as a kid!!

I originally had no plans on switching out the old bike,  but i missed riding off road.  I used to ride motocross about a decade ago.  And combined with a growing ambition of doing cross continental trips one day, i wanted a «do it all machine».

already i have learned much from this forum just by lurking around.  You guys got a great thing going on here.  Thumbs up!

E5010611-BB4F-411B-98CC-FD127CB5C55A.jpeg

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum, would be interested to know how you feel about the mt09 sp, maybe you can write a small review.

Aleks 

2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Welcome to the forum, would be interested to know how you feel about the mt09 sp, maybe you can write a small review.

Aleks 

Yeah sure.  Just remember this is just my opinion.  The MT09Sp is a very nimble and sharp bike.  And that 3 cylinder engine  has really good low to mid RPM power.  
The steering geometry/rake is set up more like a RR bike, so it lends itself to quick steering input.  Which is really fun for spirited riding on twisty roads.  But also a bit tiring on my shoulders on long trips with pillion and luggage.  
But i didn’t buy that bike for extensive touring, so it was a comprimise.

The rear Öhlins shock works amazingly well in this bike.  And responds well to the adjustments.  I used the external preload adjuster alot when riding with pillion.  Front forks also felt planted, and responded well to the adjustments on the clickers.

the stock seat is really hard for my butt.  So i bought the comfort seat,  which also is a bit hard on longer rides.  But nothing too bad.

They sorted the twitchy throttle from the early MT09’s( which back then, was a deal braker for me), and B mode was nice when  riding with pillion to avoid the helmet dance.  

All in all, it’s a quick mid size bike.  With enough power on the road to keep up with the Litre RR bikes.  I really like this machine.  But i missed offroading, so it had to go.  

(I might have spelled something wrong in this post,  English is not my primary language)

take care guys🙂

7D65B42F-D314-4D45-A2A1-ADC2B195C0F3.jpeg

Edited by Magz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Magz said:

Yeah sure.  Just remember this is just my opinion.  The MT09Sp is a very nimble and sharp bike.  And that 3 cylinder engine  has really good low to mid RPM power.  
The steering geometry/rake is set up more like a RR bike, so it lends itself to quick steering input.  Which is really fun for spirited riding on twisty roads.  But also a bit tiring on my shoulders on long trips with pillion and luggage.  
But i didn’t buy that bike for extensive touring, so it was a comprimise.

The rear Öhlins shock works amazingly well in this bike.  And responds well to the adjustments.  I used the external preload adjuster alot when riding with pillion.  Front forks also felt planted, and responded well to the adjustments on the clickers.

the stock seat is really hard for my butt.  So i bought the comfort seat,  which also is a bit hard on longer rides.  But nothing too bad.

They sorted the twitchy throttle from the early MT09’s( which back then, was a deal braker for me), and B mode was nice when  riding with pillion to avoid the helmet dance.  

All in all, it’s a quick mid size bike.  With enough power on the road to keep up with the Litre RR bikes.  I really like this machine.  But i missed offroading, so it had to go.  

(I might have spelled something wrong in this post,  English is not my primary language)

take care guys🙂

Thank you for the review, it's nice to hear a proper opinion about the bike and not only press work. You will enjoy the T700 and if you fancy some road riding you can check my thread and see the T700Sm. I won't post a picture here as there are plenty on the supermoto thread and the how to thread as well.. 👍 

Your English is grand. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you for the review, it's nice to hear a proper opinion about the bike and not only press work. You will enjoy the T700 and if you fancy some road riding you can check my thread and see the T700Sm. I won't post a picture here as there are plenty on the supermoto thread and the how to thread as well.. 👍 

Your English is grand. 

Aleks 

Cool stuff!  I will check it out for sure.  Supermoto is really fun.  I had a Husky TE570 with supermoto wheels once.  Had a lot of fun on it.  Hefty vibrations thou😆

Bilde0038.jpeg

Edited by Magz
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Magz said:

Cool stuff!  I will check it out for sure.  Supermoto is really fun.  I had a Husky TE570 with supermoto wheels once.  Had a lot of fun on it.  Hefty vibrations thou😆

Bilde0038.jpeg

Now we're talking... Very nice.

Rich

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Now we're talking... Very nice.

Rich

It was a fun bike for sure Rich.  No frills, just a big piston and kickstart.  The guy that bought the bike, tried to kickstart it in flip flops after he got it home.  Despite i warned him against doing it without proper riding boots.  
The lever recoiled back and broke his leg.  So 2 weeks after he got the bike had a casting around his lower leg😐.  Poor fella..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Magz said:

It was a fun bike for sure Rich.  No frills, just a big piston and kickstart.  The guy that bought the bike, tried to kickstart it in flip flops after he got it home.  Despite i warned him against doing it without proper riding boots.  
The lever recoiled back and broke his leg.  So 2 weeks after he got the bike had a casting around his lower leg😐.  Poor fella..

Yep, can happen sadly.

I've got a KTM525EXC that I convert to SM trim, with lowered and stiffened forks and shock, big brakes and 4 pot front brake and road legal slicks. It's awesome !

Rich

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

Yep, can happen sadly.

I've got a KTM525EXC that I convert to SM trim, with lowered and stiffened forks and shock, big brakes and 4 pot front brake and road legal slicks. It's awesome !

Rich

Sounds sick!  Those 525exc’s got a really nice engine👌

5 minutes ago, Magz said:

Sounds sick!  Those 525exc’s got a really nice engine👌

Sure is !

IMG_20190901_080951.jpg

IMG_20190803_111147.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Sure is !

IMG_20190901_080951.jpg

IMG_20190803_111147.jpg