Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MT07 USB

Doogle

I fitted but didn’t wire in the MT07 Double USB into the blank right hand side hole in the dash on the Tenere. The plug on the end doesn’t fit, so I am thinking of buying the heated grip link wire and plugging that into the bike, then cutting off the other end and the end of the USB and then joining the two. No reason why that wouldn’t work is there? Has anyone done it? 

I've also got an MT07 socket fitted but connected to the spare accessory plug that's tucked away under the plastics on the right hand side. I de-pinned both connectors (T7 and MTo7) and soldered the pins together accordingly, insulated with heat-shrink as a temporary measure.  I have since found these connectors which I'm going to fit so that it's back to standard fittings.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Werntmeguv said:

I've also got an MT07 socket fitted but connected to the spare accessory plug that's tucked away under the plastics on the right hand side. I de-pinned both connectors (T7 and MTo7) and soldered the pins together accordingly, insulated with heat-shrink as a temporary measure.  I have since found these connectors which I'm going to fit so that it's back to standard fittings.

Great, so that’s the same connector that’s on the bike already on the other point? I haven’t unravelled that one yet. So that would mean it’s just a case of splicing the end of the USB point lead. That’s a better solution.

How many spare accessory plugs are on the bike?  If I were to install factory heated grips and aux lights (assuming they don't both use the same connector, meaning you have to choose one or the other) what is left, if anything?

Items 92 & 93 on the wiring diagram in the service manual (link available via the forum) show as connectors for Grip Warmers & Fog Lights. I believe that is all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toei said:

How many spare accessory plugs are on the bike?  If I were to install factory heated grips and aux lights (assuming they don't both use the same connector, meaning you have to choose one or the other) what is left, if anything?

There’s just 2, for the grips and the lights I believe, but either will power the USB too. I am running my Oxford heated grips direct to the battery. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doogle said:

There’s just 2, for the grips and the lights I believe, but either will power the USB too. I am running my Oxford heated grips direct to the battery. 

OK thank you.  I saw that the Yamaha Japan T7 accessory page has splitters available to plug into those, if I was understanding correctly.  I might do that if I end up with three accessories (grips on one, lights and USB on the other).  

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 3:14 AM, Doogle said:

I fitted but didn’t wire in the MT07 Double USB into the blank right hand side hole in the dash on the Tenere. The plug on the end doesn’t fit, so I am thinking of buying the heated grip link wire and plugging that into the bike, then cutting off the other end and the end of the USB and then joining the two. No reason why that wouldn’t work is there? Has anyone done it? 

Does any one know this part numbered where we can buy this in the US?

thanks