Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Handlebars - Overall Width

Medog van Bike

Question

I need to get through a narrow passageway at my house. Temporary solution is to remove bar ends and hand guards. Who has had a similar problem and what solutions did you come up with?.

I am looking to keep my overall bar width below 900mm !!

The Barkbuster hand gaurds (the edition with the T700 bend) look good but they look like they could actually increase the overal width when you add the bar end from the Barkbuster kit. If anyone changed bars; what bend did you go for. Renthal 831-01 (SX/Husky 85) at 779mm (before adding hand gaurds etc) looks closest to me.

2 answers to this question

Hi

I changed my guards and fitted the barkbusters. Awsome kit and fitted easy. I measured the width before and after and it turned out exactly the same as the OME guards. 

Regards

Nige

Edited by Nige T
Spelling

What did you end up going with? I'm looking for a new (bachelor) place to rent and not a lot have a garage spaces. A lot of on-grade basement suites though! 😉

• Like 1