Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamalube warranty coverage, sign up right away

AZJW

• Moderators

Thought I'd start a new topic with this valuable info I found.  This coverage is offered to new owners if they register at or before their first scheduled maintenance is due.

In the video, Colin explains the advantages of registering and if you use their oil & filters exclusively,  they'll cover your engine, whether you or the dealer performs the oil change, for 100,000 miles or 20 years!   Sounds like a pretty easy decision for me to run their products.

https://yamalubeadvantage.com/

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

"5,000 hours, 20 years or 100,000 miles which ever comes first"

I love how says this standing next to a YZ, then a minute later says it doesn't cover dirt bikes. LOL

Still, that's really impressive and if Yamaha ever wants to sell me a Tenere 700, I'll sign up for it but at this point it seems it will be 20 years before I put 1 mile on it. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

"5,000 hours, 20 years or 100,000 miles which ever comes first"

I love how says this standing next to a YZ, then a minute later says it doesn't cover dirt bikes. LOL

Actually the coverage is extended to off road bikes.  "A QUALIFIED PRODUCT is a new Yamaha Street Motorcycle, Scooter, non-competition model  Yamaha Off-Road Motorcycle,.....". Just not for Billy Bob on the race track. 😉

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

He says people doing jumps and wheelies on the track. 

So does that mean dirt bikes like a ZY or WR or just people named Billy Bob? 

Because my name is Johnny so Im good there, and having a WR450 that they warranty for 100,000 would be amazing. 

Read the fine print, it only covers issues caused by failure of the oil which is very very rare in my opinion. In fact i've been a mechanic for over 36 years and i've never seen nor heard of an engine failure that related directly to the engine oil if it was the correct type, correct level and replaced at the correct service intervals. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well I signed up even though the fine print has a large enough loop hole to drive a battleship through.

I just figured it would help keeping service records on DIY oil changes. Already registered my first oil change at 585mi.

Besides I already opted for the Y.E.S. plan for 4yrs. unlimited mileage, so a least I am cover for the first 5yrs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

Well I signed up even though the fine print has a large enough loop hole to drive a battleship through.

I just figured it would help keeping service records on DIY oil changes. Already registered my first oil change at 585mi.

Besides I already opted for the Y.E.S. plan for 4yrs. unlimited mileage, so a least I am cover for the first 5yrs.

I keep my oil record in our Builds and Maintenance section. I take a pic of the oil and filter and record mileage. The forum of course leaves a time and date stamp.  Not only does that provide accurate proof , but also makes it really easy to sell thebike for top dollar some day.  When someone calls or emails about the bike for sale, i'll send em a ink to the thread and everything iv'e done to it.  Sold. 

1 hour ago, Whitey66 said:

Read the fine print, it only covers issues caused by failure of the oil which is very very rare in my opinion. In fact i've been a mechanic for over 36 years and i've never seen nor heard of an engine failure that related directly to the engine oil if it was the correct type, correct level and replaced at the correct service intervals. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is 😉

Well said. 

@Cruizin

Interesting that you are using the Semi-Syn 10W-50.

1, I had always been told to stay with non-synthetic until you have at least 1500mi. on a new motor.

2, the manual say use Yamahlube 10W-40 which only comes in a non-synthetic.

When I just was purchasing oil for my 600mi. oil change the dealer wanted to sell my the 10W-50 semi-syn, but since I only have 585mi. on my engine I stuck with the 10W-40. That being said I have run nothing but pure synthetic in everything I own for the past 25 years. I planned on switching to the semi-syn at the 4000mi. oil change, unless I find that Yamaha has a problem with it. I doubt that it is a problem even though the trans and clutch all share.

I got sold on synthetic oil with a 95 CBR900RR that I had, changed over to a semi-syn with it and a bike that was a notorious notchy shifter suddenly felt like a completely different trans.

2 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@Cruizin

Interesting that you are using the Semi-Syn 10W-50.

1, I had always been told to stay with non-synthetic until you have at least 1500mi. on a new motor.

2, the manual say use Yamahlube 10W-40 which only comes in a non-synthetic.

When I just was purchasing oil for my 600mi. oil change the dealer wanted to sell my the 10W-50 semi-syn, but since I only have 585mi. on my engine I stuck with the 10W-40. That being said I have run nothing but pure synthetic in everything I own for the past 25 years. I planned on switching to the semi-syn at the 4000mi. oil change, unless I find that Yamaha has a problem with it. I doubt that it is a problem even though the trans and clutch all share.

I got sold on synthetic oil with a 95 CBR900RR that I had, changed over to a semi-syn with it and a bike that was a notorious notchy shifter suddenly felt like a completely different trans.

The way that i break in an engine, the rings are well seated by 600 miles. Been doing this for a long long time and have built and owned some long lasting engines. Often, I'd get a full race season out of an engine when other teams were on their 2nd or 3rd. 

Also, semi synthetic is just every bit as good and long lasting as full synthetic.  In fact i'll share another secret. Back in the 70's and 80's, there was no such thing as Motorcycle specific oil. Seriously, we ran straight 30 weight car oil in our bikes. Ran it in my Honda V65 Magna. Ran it in my GPZ 750.  The guy 
i sold my V65 to got to 130,000 miles before he sold it. Still running. 

Oil isn't quite as important as factories and forums say it is. Factories want to sell their brand oil. KTM wants to sell Motorex, because they are paid to recommend it. 

And, what may of you dont even realize. Many of your dealers put Yamalube 10/50 Semi synthetic in your bike when it arrived at the dealership. Many of you already have it in your new bikes. Like they do with many other new models. Like they have been for years and years and years. 

It's great stuff and will not stop your rings from seating. in fact, most of that occured on the Yamaha dyno machine before your engine was even installed on the bike. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

you need to check your YES Yamaha Warranty  It is only good for 4 years form purchase date! That's $590.00 for 3 1/2 years!  is it worth it?

@Brent

I did check my Y.E.S. warranty and it is for 48 months, "beyond the Yamaha Limited Warranty" which is for 1 year from the date of purchase.

That is awesome!  My dealer at Switchback  in Pocatello Idaho claims that the 4 years includes the 1 year warranty!  So the total YES coverage, covers 3 years after the one year factory warranty.