Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Suggestions for mounting a tooltube to my bike???

Aarslikkerdanny

Question

Hi y'all!

I want to attach this tool tube to my bike. As i am not techie at all, my thought was to use tie wraps to get the job done. I know there are some really inventive souls on this forum, so i thought let's ask them first. The solution doesn't have to be low budget, it may cost a few euro's to make a descent and aesthetic fit possible. As you can see i have an OEM luggage rack.  Fire away people, help me please!!

IMG_8084.JPG

IMG_8078.JPG

IMG_8081.JPG

Edited by Aarslikkerdanny
Edit text

2 answers to this question

I have 2 tooltubes and ordered another one so I will have 3 on the bike. I had to redrill and trim some of the plastic to fit the bolts where my rear rack bolts on with Allen key bolts. On one end I replaced the Allen key with a bolt that I ground the head down so when I unscrew the cap it doesn’t catch.

F8447433-7FB1-449C-96FE-0540BA213D4A.jpeg

2D59ECF5-049C-44DD-AD33-D84765D11CB8.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Being a retired fling wing pilot, I've seen plenty of these in my day as they're used for hydraulic hoses, steel lines, wire bundles, etc.   I've never seen one give up the ghost ( not saying they can't be overstressed) and have used them often on my dirt bikes. I like the inside the luggage rack mounting location on the T700 as my outside mount is susceptible to tool tube damage when you drop the bike, as I can confirm. 😉

Edit: In discussing the Adel clamp suitability,  I neglected to mention the mounts on those plastic tool tubes ( document holders) don't hold up well to off road use.  Many have fabricated an aluminum or steel band that completely wrap around the tube to mount it with good success. 

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pnpages/MS21919-DG16.php?gclid=Cj0KCQjw0YD4BRD2ARIsAHwmKVkA-GzTEuIfGqoxf-FwRqdcxcIQcgHcRThBoeCecGhGsfu7ucrKdKUaAhSqEALw_wcB

20180313_110813_IMG_1841.JPG

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS