Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

TripleClamp Water pump cover

UtahJack

I have ordered the TripleClamp water pump protective cover.

Has anyone had any experience with the installation?

Do you have any advise or warnings?

I figured it should be arriving any day now, so I will take advantage of the well spring of information that this forum represents and get ahead of the game.

Easy to install all the kit... Try to check before the screws to change, on the left side protecion i took a wrong screw and i was strugglling with the installation but it was my fault, i don't know if this ones are better than R&G but like it have more pieces less cracking i belive...

Only buy this ones because they were less 98€ +10 € shipping...

IMG_20200625_015208.jpg

IMG_20200625_015218.jpg

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, took almost 2 months to finally get all the screws needed to install. But that was after repeated emails with no responses and them saying they never forget to put everything in their shipments and insinuated I was lying, but they'd get some replacements out. And never once apologizing for their error. I was trying to be very polite, mistakes happen, but their callous disregard for customer service is shocking. 

Don't have a bike yet to install, but have read now about screws pulling through the plastics. 

Being there's no instructions, Ive read to tip the bike when installing the left side as oil does run out if doing it on the kick stand, even though their website specifically says it does not leak oil when installing. Just a word of caution. 

Any other advice on putting these on, as apparently they're almost too tight would be good to hear. 

They are real easy to install, fit tight and bolt down solid.   You won’t have any trouble

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 9:51 AM, Cruizin said:

I got the kit ready to install when I get time. Others are reporting that their shipments didn't include all the right parts. And, the company doesn't return emails. 

Hey Cruizin, did you ever install these on your T7?  How's the fitment?  Any issues?

On 7/4/2020 at 8:32 AM, UtahJack said:

I have ordered the TripleClamp water pump protective cover.

Has anyone had any experience with the installation?

Do you have any advise or warnings?

I figured it should be arriving any day now, so I will take advantage of the well spring of information that this forum represents and get ahead of the game.

I put mine on during an oil change. Super easy. Took 15 minutes. They fit well. My order was complete with all covers and all bolts.

tips:

- I ended up taking the clutch cable cover off the right side for ease of install of the triple clamp cover, and then bolted the Clutch cable cover back on. Some people are just leaving it off. 
- I can’t remember for sure, but I believe on one of the covers, the bolts are different lengths...so just pay attention when you’re taking out OEM bolts to see if there are bolt length differences so you can match with the new bolts. 

you won’t have any issues. 

Edited by Vtamb81

2 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

Hey Cruizin, did you ever install these on your T7?  How's the fitment?  Any issues?

Nah, I haven't had a day off in over a month. Can barely find time to even ride and have this enormous pile of upgrades to install. 

I sell HVAC and its summer so it will be like this until Late September Im afraid.  When winter comes Ill start installing all my upgrades and will take lots of pics and write up some great tech tips for the tech tip section. 

• Like 1

I did all 3 covers the other day. Easy Peasy.

• Like 2

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Pro Tip on the stator side cover.

You will lose some oil if you install it with the bike on the kick stand.  I leaned my bike to the right with my handle bar against the garage door until I could see plenty of daylight in the Oil sight glass. Didn't leak a drop. Installing it during an oil change when the oil is drained would also work well with out losing an oil.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Put all three covers on yesterday.  Everything fit perfectly and took all of 15 minutes.

Water pump cover; 10 N•m (1.0 kgf•m, 7.4 lb•ft) with Locktight.

Clutch cover; 12 N•m (1.2 kgf•m, 8.9 lb•ft) with Locktight.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

Water pump cover; 10 N•m (1.0 kgf•m, 7.4 lb•ft) with Locktight.

Clutch cover; 12 N•m (1.2 kgf•m, 8.9 lb•ft) with Locktight.

I can always count on you, brother. Much appreciated! 

• 1 year later...

Hello guys I'm new to the forum and hope you guys can help me out and did do a search but no luck. So I just got these case covers not to long ago and looked at a youtube video of a guy doing a install and he said there are two longer bolts for the water pump and the rest are the same. Look at my bolts and I got 7 of the same length and one short one, email them that they sent me the wrong bolt kit and replied that they are sending me a new bolt kit an apologized for the inconvenience. Got the bolt kit today and what do you know it the same bolt kit that I had in the first place. So I'm I wrong and had the right bolt kit from the beginning or did these numb nuts send me the wrong bolt kit again? Any help would greatly  be appreciated thanks 😊