Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First ride on my new bike.

Magz

Had my first mini adventure in the middle of Norway.  Rode up to a abandoned Ore mine.  Alot of big sharp rocks and closed roads leading up to the mines.  A beautiful place with stunning nature.

I’m really glad i added the crash bars and rear rack, since i also had my first crash(low speed, approx 30KPH).  The bike is fine, just scratched the paint on the left crash bar. 

This bike is so much fun🙂

B130E298-DA1A-4313-89F7-A0EA3BC4ECA6.jpeg

EA5B1147-5922-4CAC-8F82-A86A00FC85B1.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks guys🙂.  I’m in my honeymoon phase, so i’m biased.  But this bike is suprisingly good on the road, for beeing a off road oriented motorcycle.  And still a very capable offroader.

Edited by Magz
  • Like 2

Looks great dude and fab location. Im out of the honeymoon stage and to be honest these bikes just keep getting better, did 180 miles today and can keep up with a very  fast gs1250 rider around the twisties which I really was amazed at, 180 miles got a full tank ridden pretty hard.

incredible bikes

373209A1-DD66-41A2-ACE5-DF53C321BD09.jpeg

Edited by Matth
  • Like 3

I have no doubt you kept up with the big bikes🙂.  Just enough power in this bike to be fast, yet very predictable powerband.   
what strikes me, is how usable this bike is.  Everything just works.  No weird quirks.

The thing i was worried about, was the seat.  My previous bike was a MT(FZ)09SP, and it was a totally different bike for shure.  A very good bike for what it is, but the seat was hard. And i even had the 300+ dollar comfort seat.  
But the stock seat om the T7 is just pretty good for my taste. Not too hard, just perfekt.  
My wife might want another pillion seat down the road, but it’s a small price to pay for a brilliant bike😉

1CFA57AB-9200-461D-84C6-0D7B7A0F1426.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magz said:

I have no doubt you kept up with the big bikes🙂.  Just enough power in this bike to be fast, yet very predictable powerband.   
what strikes me, is how usable this bike is.  Everything just works.  No weird quirks.

The thing i was worried about, was the seat.  My previous bike was a MT(FZ)09SP, and it was a totally different bike for shure.  A very good bike for what it is, but the seat was hard. And i even had the 300+ dollar comfort seat.  
But the stock seat om the T7 is just pretty good for my taste. Not too hard, just perfekt.  
My wife might want another pillion seat down the road, but it’s a small price to pay for a brilliant bike😉

1CFA57AB-9200-461D-84C6-0D7B7A0F1426.jpeg

when my wife comes riding with me a just put on my small air hawk & that makes it more comfortable

IMG_2983.JPG

• Like 1

Glad your enjoying your new bike! Great photos.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, manny said:

when my wife comes riding with me a just put on my small air hawk & that makes it more comfortable

IMG_2983.JPG

Thats a good solution.  I have a cheapo version(hard gel) of this. But i haven’t checked out if there are some better alternatives.  But this seems like the cheapest/best solution at the moment🙂.

47 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Glad your enjoying your new bike! Great photos.  Cheers,  Steve 

Thanks Steve🙂.  I had a blast today.  

On the way home from the cabin, i rode a slight detour through a mountain pass.   Approx 40Km  gravel roads, and the rest is paved.  This is close to Røros, in the middle of the country.   As you can see, there is still snow in July.  
It was raining on and off, and pretty cold.  But i had my raingear on, so no worries.  Besides looking like a lemon😏

0C4A8DE1-0026-4712-B9AE-C0D1EC46C6C2.jpeg

93992795-F5D7-4B6C-B75A-C5B1BEB921FD.jpeg