Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Another FNG intro thread

nihil

Hi, my name is nihil, and I'm an addict. I have sinned in many forms of internal combustion and angry pixies, and I'm aiming for a Tenere 700 to be my next fix. The current straddle'ables in the collection are my mighty and most trusted TW200, a Grizzly 700, and a KX125 that is probably older than I am. I also play with enclosed motorized things.

Edited by nihil
  • Like 5

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. Casual fans of bikes join facebook groups, cause its easy and who cares if our posts get buried and lost forever within 3 days?  

Addicts join forums. 

And, complete shetbird crazy nutcases BUILD forums.  

Welcome to the Asylum

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

And, complete shetbird crazy nutcases BUILD forums.  

I wrote a BBS in the early 90's and still haven't convinced myself to stop doing stupid things with technology.

6 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Welcome to the Asylum

Danke.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

After having been on every waiting list at every dealership for nearly 500 miles for as many years since the T7 was first announced for sale in the US, I finally managed to place a deposit for a T7 today. It's scheduled for delivery in August, it's the black trim, and I have no idea if it's a 2022 or a 2023.

After 30+ cars/trucks, a dozen or so bikes, and a few boats, this will be my first ever completely brand new vehicle. Buying things was so much easier in the before times.

• Like 4

I put $500 down on the black raven in December,  got a call last month that the 3rd and last T7 was arriving soon and that I was next on the list however it would be the blue one.  I was not passing up the chance to get my hands on one so I took it. Brought it home 3 days ago and it's absolutely beautiful.  I'm positive you're getting a 22. 23 won't be released until Novemberish.

• Like 2

I was practically begging places to take my money for a deposit, but nothing until the other day. Can't wait to finally get my hands on one. Was it worth the wait for you?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yes it was, but I'm probably not qualified to comment as my wait from release to delivery was only a couple of months.  I was one of those fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time as my dealer dropped the ball on the PDP and I ended up #7 on a waiting list.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Yeah, I think I've visited all the stages of grief multiple times in my wait. Almost scared it wont live up to the hype, but I think ultimately it will be a good thing.

• Like 1

You'll love it even more than we others do.

I'm almost ashamed... mine was in stock when I bought it in January (yes, 2022).

But it took me until March 30 till I got my driver's license (rider's license?).

• Like 1

It was definitely worth the wait, I could have had a red one last July but waited for the 2022 models, the guy was hoping may, worst case Ontario July, and I got it in the middle. Only really missed out on a month of riding with the weather we've had. But this thing is a serious upgrade from my 06 KLR lmao

• Like 1