Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere release dates by country

Cruizin

Ok guys, those of you around the world who are getting a tenere 700, please post below what country you live in and the date that your bike is supposed to be ready to pick up. 

I'll take that info and update this first post, by country. 

Anticipated release date by country (as provided by members below) 

United States- sometime in freaking 2020

UK-                       July 2019

Portugal              July 2019

AUS-                    December 2019

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First deliveries in Australia will be in December 2019. Timing is OK for me as I get two weeks leave around Christmas and will be planning something special for the holiday if it arrives on time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 12:46 AM, Cruizin said:

Ok guys, those of you around the world who are getting a tenere 700, please post below what country you live in and the date that your bike is supposed to be ready to pick up. 

In the Czech Republic the purchase contract based on the ordering system speaks July August. Price with tax 250 thousand czech crowns(CZK)

314143780.png

• Like 1

I have been emailing Yamaha Australia since September 2018, they have told me that the first of the Ténéré 700 will be here in August 2019, I think they are playing it safe with the December delivery date and not rushing the release like KTM.

I have my deposit down 😁

• Like 1

Hello everybody, i have also ordered a new T7 (blue one) and here in Holland they expected its come in July. I have also found a few pictures on the enduro Facebook page. 

Screenshot_20190419_113641_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190419_113629_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190419_113613_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190419_113732_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190419_113714_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190419_113657_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190419_113545_com.android.chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been told by our local Yamaha dealer that the T7 will be available in South Africa by Oct 2019.

I heard in july in Sweden👍 But when can we read some test in a magazine on internet ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

in Switzerland they say it will be September.....slow like always...

Germany: July 2019, or September or as soon as delivered... 😁

On 4/27/2019 at 6:12 PM, Tobers said:

UK. Order placed (£8399).  Been told possible delivery in June.

Wow, lucky you!

Yamaha just might give us a lump of coal for X-MAS  with T7 sticker slapped on... Then magically the bike appears part by part via FED-EX 🙈🙉🙊

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• 2 weeks later...

I have ordered one in New Zealand and dealer has assured me that I will be getting it from the first shipment due here in December 2019, the same date as Australia.  Makes sense as I understand that Yamaha NZ is simply an offshoot of Yamaha Australia and run out of Oz.

Dealer Principal says that NZ Yamaha dealers have a big meeting in August and it is hoped at least one will be there for dealers to ride/inspect.

A staff member at the dealership (so not the Dealer Principal themselves) told me that the first shipment to NZ will be from Yamaha's Italian factory with subsequent shipments coming here ex Japan.  Can anyone confirm that Yamaha is building the T7 in both Italy and Japan (and anywhere else?)

Replying to my own question!

Have now read elsewhere on this forum that the T7 will be built in both Japan and France, but not Italy it appears.  Perhaps the dealership staffer was simply geographically challenged and meant France.  Other Yamahas sold here in the past have come from Italy so perhaps he was simply assuming that if they were coming from Europe that must mean Italian production.

Interesting to note that the US will be receiving its Teneres from Japan while the French factory's output will supply Europe.  Makes sense.  However,  as per my original post, I was told that the first NZ shipment will be from Europe with subsequent units coming from Japan.  Obviously Japan is much closer to NZ than Europe so it makes sense for Australia/NZ to be supplied from Japan.  So I wonder why the first NZ bikes are coming from Europe?  Especially as the French factory will surely be hard-pressed to meet European demand, let alone Australia/NZ.  Of course, that's all assuming that the dealership staffer had their information incorrect.

Something that would seem to support the idea, however, is that I have been told that the first NZ bikes will be available in the full range of three colour schemes.  And I have read (possibly on this forum but I can't recall) that the three schemes will be available in Europe but only the blue/silver in the US.  If that suggests that Japanese production will only be in the blue/silver then that reinforces the theory that our first bikes are coming from Europe.

I can't think of another bike that has generated so much gossip/rumour/speculation ahead of its launch!  Perhaps this "Death by a thousand cuts" launch of the bike is a carefully-designed marketing ploy because it sure has plenty of people talking about it.  All publicity is good publicity as long as they spell your name right.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:56 PM, Alpenschrauber said:

in Switzerland they say it will be September.....slow like always...

Zumindest findet am 13./14. Juli ein Probefahren in Parpan statt. 
--> 

logo15911256.jpg?1557999200&rectangular=

Falls du dich nicht schon angemeldet hast 😉

34 minutes ago, eggimac said:

Zumindest findet am 13./14. Juli ein Probefahren in Parpan statt. 
--> 

logo15911256.jpg?1557999200&rectangular=

Falls du dich nicht schon angemeldet hast 😉

..merci, eggimac! Hab`s auch schon gesehen, bin aber leider nicht frei an diesem Wochenende.. Gruss

On 2/14/2019 at 12:46 AM, Cruizin said:

FRANCE  july 2019

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Canada is set to receive same time as United States - summer maybe June but could be as early as May.   Who knows now with this virus upsetting factories, supplies and delivery. 

cheers

-Bob