Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is this a good deal

Mr Tea

Hi all, first post but been a forum voyeur for a short while. Great forum, reminds me of the ZXR400 forum I was part of 10 years ago, great content.

So long story short, I went to buy a tracer 700 but realised the Tenere 700 fitted my longer legs much better and opened up the world of adventure motorcycling .

After a few discussions and a test ride I like the Tenere a lot and think it is right for me however I wanted to get some perspective on the deal I am being offered. Apologies if this is crude to discuss on the forum, I have yet to see deals discussed elsewhere but here goes anyway...

£10,200 on the road including all extras fitted...

Extras (all Yamaha accessories)

Heated Grips

Centre stand

Chain protector

Tank pad

Grip pads

Bar risers

Bike is now £9,147 on the road as per website 

Extras above are c. £800

So paying full price + £250 for all extras to be fitted.

Not much of a deal? 

I got mine for $11,300 with nothing... that's a deal! You may not need the risers though unless you're 6'3" or taller. if those were the mods you were going to do to it in the first place I would 100% say buy it. if you're going for more of a lighter moto style I'd wait to get one with nothing added and do the additions yourself.

• Like 1

Mine was 11500 with Adventure pack/ rally pack and heated grips. It was supposed be a demo  but never got used at all. 1 mile

• Like 1

I thought so, i think they get a back end bonus for registration as a demo and I bought it in May so there was no sales taking place and they needed money moving I guess 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Its interesting to see the prices vary by location, 
I wonder if Yamaha gives priority (when releasing new models, availability etc) due to what the bike will cost in said location.  (it makes sense that Europe gets everything bike related first, due to the prices) 

For example, my bone stock edp T7, out the door was:
$13,800 cad

which is:
£8,090 gbp
$10,137 usd

€8,894 eur

$14,560 aud

(exchange rates as of right now, provided by xe.com) 

Tazmool

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I paid 9,400€ for mine in May the first week back from lockdown. I also get 20% on all Yamaha accessories & bigger discounts on non Yamaha stuff. No haggling involved.

Mine was $13,100 bone stock as well. Granted, 10% of that price went straight to taxes, but that's what it is.

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, Tazmool said:

Its interesting to see the prices vary by location, 
I wonder if Yamaha gives priority (when releasing new models, availability etc) due to what the bike will cost in said location.  (it makes sense that Europe gets everything bike related first, due to the prices) 

For example, my bone stock edp T7, out the door was:
$13,800 cad

which is:
£8,090 gbp
$10,137 usd

€8,894 eur

$14,560 aud

(exchange rates as of right now, provided by xe.com) 

Tazmool

When you put it like that it wouldn’t surprise me if it was true. The T7 rrp in Ireland is now €11,500. It actually went up by €500 at the beginning of the year. Crazy to see how much the price fluctuates depending on the geography. But that’s the guts of €2,600 quid more when compared to what you got it for