Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Possible future corrosion problem

rumrum

I spent this afternoon installing a new skid plate, rear rack and tail tidy all from B&B. When I had the rear end apart I was a bit concerned to see that the rear sub fame rails are open ended and sloping down, So if there was any water ingress it will sit in there and possibly cause corrosion. Has anyone else noticed this and have a solution? I'm thinking of filling the ends with RTV could be a possible solution?

• Thanks 1

In my opinion I would get the dimension  and find a plastic plug.

sealing the ends may not be the way to go. it could still cause issues with internal corrosion. any moisture in the tubes will not evaporate if you seal them up. not looked but you may find little drillings in closed tubes to prevent this. i would be tempted to spray inside the tubes with the likes of waxoil.

• Like 2

Inject som o`l motor oil in the open frame parts and you are set for the next Tsunami .