Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T700 pré-owner

septentrion

Hi,

Im from France, I’ve sold my 900 Tracer to buy a T700 for a bit of off road, highway is boring 😁 hope for a july delivery for my tech black, planning crash bars, centerstand, barkbusters hand guards. 

got linked to this forum by the T700 facebook page and so glad I found you for sharing informations on our beast.

see you soon on gravel 😉

• Like 2

• Members

Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see some pics of your bike!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, septentrion said:

Hi,

Im from France, I’ve sold my 900 Tracer to buy a T700 for a bit of off road, highway is boring 😁 hope for a july delivery for my tech black, planning crash bars, centerstand, barkbusters hand guards. 

got linked to this forum by the T700 facebook page and so glad I found you for sharing informations on our beast.

see you soon on gravel 😉

Welcome to the forum! Things will start getting busy around here in July !

• 1 year later...

thanksfully no damage at all, but next one will be bad, planning to change the bars for outback motortek. 

B6D4F4A4-0C98-4541-BF6C-601A117FBA90.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, septentrion said:

thanksfully no damage at all, but next one will be bad, planning to change the bars for outback motortek. 

B6D4F4A4-0C98-4541-BF6C-601A117FBA90.jpeg

Looks like they saved the day perfectly to me. Will they not bend back slightly to their original position? Or loosen the fittings and retighten?

Rich

• Like 1

it bends by hand, using a strap. one attach seems twisted so I’ll remove it anyway. I’m buying the outback motortek asap. 

• Like 2

I’ve read several posts now that the OEM crash bars are weak. I just ordered the Outback Motortek setup myself. They seem like a solid choice. Glad these saved the day and while they could be bent back out that just means the metal is stressed already and will bend easier next time. 

• Like 1