Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Racing Cover Torque Specs

loneranger700

Question

Hey guys, quick question. So I was going to install my R&G racing covers for my Tenere, but when I went to loosen the four bolts on the case (left side), a bit of oil started to leak out the bottom. This probably is a dumb question, but is it probably a better idea to keep the covers off the case until after my 600 mile service / engine break in? And I'm not sure how vital it is to torque it back to factory setting with a torque wrench..

I hand torqued the bolts back onto the case as soon as I saw it start to leak oil in a diagonal fashion and pretty evenly. Torqued to about the same pressure it took to remove them. Hope that doesn't jeopardize the gasket.. Should I be worried?

Edited by loneranger700

1 answer to this question

bump

EDIT: Found the answer on adventure rider forum. Apparently some 100ml will leak out of the bottom bolt as per the instructions on the R&G Racing engine cover instructions... Phew, next time I'll just tilt it the opposite direction so less oil comes out.

EDIT 2: This installation is a nightmare. Having the same problems as this youtuber. 

Edited by loneranger700