Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Levers

Janson

Question

Do MT 07 levers ( brake n`cluch) fit T7 . And if so , what model year ? 

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

Best clutch lever is the RSC ez pull lever. Cuts pull force down by about 50% makes it feel like a hydraulic clutch. 

1 hour ago, Mr.motarded said:

Best clutch lever is the RSC ez pull lever. Cuts pull force down by about 50% makes it feel like a hydraulic clutch. 

Do you know if the RSC lever is a universal fit?  Do you have one on your T7? 

On 7/30/2020 at 4:26 AM, Janson said:

Do MT 07 levers ( brake n`cluch) fit T7 . And if so , what model year ? 

Yes they do, I bought shorty levers from eBay to suit mt-07, they fit T7 perfectly, 2014-20

Edited by Stevoh
More info
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

Do you know if the RSC lever is a universal fit?  Do you have one on your T7? 

Yes they are universal fit and i do have one on my T7 one of my favorite mods on the bike, i have  put the RSC clutch lever on all my bikes for years. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Yes they are universal fit and i do have one on my T7 one of my favorite mods on the bike, i have  put the RSC clutch lever on all my bikes for years. 

One other question - I was watching your mod video.  Which aftermarket brake lever did you go with?  Is it any good?  I think the OEM levers on the T7 are too long and a bit lacking in terms of how they feel on my hands.

Edited by Seventh Son

16 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

Is it the RSC Trigger series you are referring to?

2 hours ago, DWEL700 said:

Is it the RSC Trigger series you are referring to?

I dont like the trigger style i have the original style and size. This is the one i have on my T7

lever10.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 8:30 PM, Mr.motarded said:

I dont like the trigger style i have the original style and size. This is the one i have on my T7

Hi Mr.motarded,

I'd like to change the clutch lever with the recommended by you, but I have two questions about that:

- What happens with the mirror?

- The switch to the ecu needs to be anulated?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Teneré 700 '20

WR250R '10

On 8/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, Ol'crazy said:

Hi Mr.motarded,

I'd like to change the clutch lever with the recommended by you, but I have two questions about that:

- What happens with the mirror?

- The switch to the ecu needs to be anulated?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

I run RSC levers on all my bikes and will order one for the T7. 

for the mirror, you can get a bar clamp mirror mount to replace it or go to a ram ball clamp and run double take mirrors. 

As for the clutch switch, I haven’t looked at it on the T7 but on the WRR it just gets tucked out of the way. 

Edited by BMRT7

Yeah i run aftermarket mirrors on my T7 so i dont need the mirror mount. As far as the clutch switch i have mine tucked out of the way. On most bikes you would just jump out these wires so the bike will be able to start in gear.  But cant just jump out on the T7 cause it puts the Ecu in a lean netural map. I plan on having that map removed from my ecu when i get it flashed but for now i can only start my bike in neutral.  

Thank you both for your responses guys.

The question of the switch is important, I think, because is not rare to stall in the middle of a complicated situation off-road and having to select neutral for re start could be problematic.

How works that "lean neutral map"? I believed  the switch just informs to the ecu that is ok to start engine with a gear engaged...

Edited by Ol'crazy

Teneré 700 '20

WR250R '10