Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
zarkos

KAOKO – Throttle Stabilizers

zarkos
Posted (edited)

Hi everyones,

Does Someone already Try to mount this kind of device ?

I really like the kaoko one , but i have the oem heated grip , and I'm afraid it will not fit on them 😕

Edited by zarkos

ahamay

I guess not. I am going to try an Atlas throttle lock, as I want cruise control myself.

Goldentaco
On 7/30/2020 at 8:33 AM, zarkos said:

Hi everyones,

Does Someone already Try to mount this kind of device ?

I really like the kaoko one , but i have the oem heated grip , and I'm afraid it will not fit on them 😕

I've been eyeing one and I think it may work but am skeptical about the interface with aftermarket handguards because the ones made for the MT-07 had two versions one with and without handguards.  The handguards I think were the CRG flip out ones that clamp to a round extension of the bar end weight.  Plus Kaoko is $150.  That's a lot of clams just to try out if it doesn't fit.  I may do it through Revzilla when I can confirm with Kaoko some fastener sizing.

J

CAJW

I tried this one out today, worked ok, not perfect, but for $15 it gave my throttle hand a little rest here and there.   I went to a ton of trouble years ago installing an Audiovox electronic cruise control on my Sport tourer and really didn't use it very much. I find a simple lock like this is all I need.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Motorcycle-Throttle-Aluminum-Silicone/dp/B07TF14C74/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3DZVEDR88R1O6&dchild=1&keywords=throttle+lock+cruise+control+motorcycle&qid=1596255935&sprefix=throttl+lock%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes

T7lee

Yes i tried a throttle stability device, its 100% open.. Goes like a rocket 

Canzvt

I talked directly to Kaoko 10 days ago, and they said, be patient, we are working on one. Should be ready in 3 weeks. They said it would be suitable for standard fitment and with BarkBusters. Don't know about any other options yet.

• Like 2

zarkos

Nice ! Thanks Canzvt for the info 🙂 . So I will wait for it .

roy826

I have the Kaoko on my Africa Twin with Oxford heated grips. No issues works perfectly. 

I am not going to add one in my T7. 

Japi

I have the KAOKO  installed on T7. It is originally from my previous

V-Strom 650. I just left the big bar weight of and drilled the 6mm

hole to 8mm for the barkbuster bolt. Works well with the OEM heated grips

and Barkbusters.

DSC_0501.JPG

• Like 1

MJCrip

I installed Barkbusters and aKaoko Thottle Lock for an African Twin. Works Great

Screenshot_20200802-083034_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20200802-083518_Facebook.jpg

Scaryfast

I installed Kaoko kbb400 throttle lock on my T7. I have Oxford heated grips and Acerbis X-Factor hand guards. I needed to grind the ridge flat on the bar insert and procure a longer bolt for the hand guard. It works great!

20200629_161042.thumb.jpg.0a3ccdda5e4348b1d054556da8031705.jpg20200629_185136.thumb.jpg.0542f421870d976c134cb769e9ff572e.jpg

Goldentaco
41 minutes ago, Scaryfast said:

I installed Kaoko kbb400 throttle lock on my T7. I have Oxford heated grips and Acerbis X-Factor hand guards. I needed to grind the ridge flat on the bar insert and procure a longer bolt for the hand guard. It works great!

20200629_161042.thumb.jpg.0a3ccdda5e4348b1d054556da8031705.jpg20200629_185136.thumb.jpg.0542f421870d976c134cb769e9ff572e.jpg

So you're running the bar insert inside the threads on the bar?

What fitment is the Kbb400 for?  My Google-Fu tells me it s for the R1200GS.

J

Scaryfast
1 minute ago, Goldentaco said:

So you're running the bar insert inside the threads on the bar?

What fitment is the Kbb400 for?  My Google-Fu tells me it s for the R1200GS.

J

Sorry, I have replaced the stock bars with a ProTaper Contour handlebar. So no threads in the bar.  Yes, this model KBB400 is specific to the R1200GS/GSA with barkbuster hand guards. As others posted, many Kaoko models for use with barkbusters on other bikes can be used with little modification on the T7. More so if you're using actual T7 specific barkbuster brand hand guards.

So, I searched for a slim barkbuster compatible model that did not use a bar end weight. The KBB400 fit the need, and at the time was on sale through Twisted Throttle for $81.75 USD. I am in Utah USA. With my aftermarket hand guard install, the bar insert is used to secure the guard within the handlebar, then the guard end bolt simply passes through the throttle lock, which sits at the end of the handlebar, and the lock spacer is able to put friction against the the grip/throttle tube when engaged.  

zarkos

Thanks a lot Guys , you are my heroes 😃 . Thought I was the only one to think about this ^^ .
As Canzvt said , it should be ready directly from kaoko in 2 weeks , So I will wait for those ones , and if it is more later , will try one of your hack 🙂