Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What's this live wire for?

jojitsu56

Question

Just lifted the main seat for the first time since buying myb(second hand) T7 and there is a random live wire, unconnected.. Can anyone please help me identify it.. Could be from something previous fitted to the bike and removed when sold? Also, is there supposed to be a tool box under the seat? 

Many thanks. 

IMG_20200730_205830_1.jpg

5 answers to this question

That's not standard. Could be for an external power source maybe. My bike came with a very small pouch with very basic tools in it lose under the seat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rumrum said:

That's not standard. Could be for an external power source maybe. My bike came with a very small pouch with very basic tools in it lose under the seat.

Many thanks, much appreciated. 

IMG_20200730_205836_1.jpg

That looks like the end of a SAE harness you use to plug into a battery maintainer. Except they usually have ring connectors for the battery.

You’ll need to either trace the wire to where/whatever it goes to or contact the dealer and ask them what it’s supposed to be. 

Did they install anything extra on the bike for you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrenolin said:

That looks like the end of a SAE harness you use to plug into a battery maintainer. Except they usually have ring connectors for the battery.

You’ll need to either trace the wire to where/whatever it goes to or contact the dealer and ask them what it’s supposed to be. 

Did they install anything extra on the bike for you?

Cheers. I bought it second hand.