Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Got one on order

Dominic

So i am getting a T7 rally edition and have a few questions about the extras and rear suspension......

I live just outside Barcelona and have run a heavily modded Drz 400 e for my adventure riding upto now and a series of speed and street triple triumphs on the road but want to find a comfortable medium.....nearly 50 so need to slow down on the road too.

Anyhow the rear luggage rack is it any good...?

The front side guards are they worth it..?

Heated grips any good..?

Any non oe tail tidies out there yet..?

What about the higher screen..?

Any thing anyone really suggests as a useful addition ....?

Lastly i am 100kg and am going to change the rear spring i think....anyone else done this and if so how did it go...?

• Like 3

I have fitted most of the extras you mentioned except screen and tail tidy. I fitted the 90nm from Rally raid rear spring as I weigh about 90 with kit  and also carry a passenger from time to time. 
I also fitted the Yamaha rear rack to allow me to mount luggage and grips for passenger. Seems heavy but robust. Plan to ride all year and took e bike back to Sabadell for the heated grips too. Just make sure if you fit them that the glue they use is enough. Mine was not and ruined a day riding when the grip started to slip. 
Side tank grips give a nice finished look and do allow some grip when standing 

I also fitted a centre stand and living in Barcelona I was worried about it on the street and being pushed over. 

Edited by Alex Calvert

13 hours ago, Alex Calvert said:

I fitted the 90nm from Rally raid rear spring as I weigh about 90 with kit  and also carry a passenger from time to time. 

How was the bike to ride after upgrading the spring, did it get smoother over small bumps ?

Cool.....i live just outside Barcelona too...maybe we can ride together one daay

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...