Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Handlebar Vibration

Canzvt

So after 5500kms and different tires (with balancing beads) I still have a right bar vibration that numbs my hand at highway speeds - 5000-5500rpm after about 20 min. Anyone else suffer this? It has been there since day one (and on another one delivered from the same dealer on the same day). Everything on the right bar vibrates much more than on the left bar. I've checked triple clamp, fork, bar alignment and bolt torque. It is definitely engine vibes due to frequency. Interested in ANY thoughts to get rid of it.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Fill the bars with silicone from one end, pump till it comes out the other end.  Works good on my dirt bikes, haven't needed to do it yet on the T7.

Maybe is the tense of the throttle and the air flow on the hand that males this vibration unbearable.

I have the same problem.

The only modification is rear spring 95N and a Touratech rear rack

I had a slight vibration with stock hand guards and stock bar ends. But after adding Barkbuster brand hand guards it’s all but gone. I had pretty much decided I’d have more vibration adding them but that was not the case. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tenerequebec said:

Can you tell me how I can remove the bar weight, seems like a big Allen key ?

Check a local automotive supplier for a 12mm socket. If the dealer used threadlocker on install you may need a larger bar to crack it. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• 1 month later...

Try stretching thick rubber tarp straps across the bars . . . It changes the harmonics in the vibration.  My hands are very sensitive to vibration . . . decided function over looks is better for me.  It improved my AT too.  I used zip ties with 3M rubber splicing tape (to cover zip-ties).  

4434E185-57E9-465D-AF27-09C0398E585E.jpeg

• Like 2

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

I had the same on my bike. It was easily noticable from right mirror. It is gone after new tires and wheel re-build. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Takata said:

I had the same on my bike. It was easily noticable from right mirror. It is gone after new tires and wheel re-build. 

How was the wheel altered?

18 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

How was the wheel altered?

I heard from many owners that wheel assembly is terrible from the factory. I had time to remove and send to special wheel builder for re-assembly before my tubeless conversion. They confirmed it was a bad assembly as they received. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got my Tenere 2022, and after 500kms it started to vibrate the steering a lot. Original wheels on it. Only changed the handle guards to Barkbusters and included crashbars on it. 

Yes I just changed the hand guards from original to Barkbusters

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate a lot. The bar is vibrating on both ends, not only one side. 

On my xt660z I filled the bars with silicon and used homemade brass bar weights inside to dampen vibes cos the big single is prone to vibration.  700 I got with Barkbusters and is smooth as silk in comparison! 

Is the wheel properly balanced? I do mine myself with one of those little manual frames and I have to say it works well.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your answer. Tire pressure was the first thing I corrected today at 32 psi front tire and 36 psi rear. Also I reduced the wind impact to the Barkbuster wings. It worked a lot better. I still believe there should be something to correct on wheel assembly as Takata mentioned.