Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Genuine LED blinker front plus 3-wire & LED blink rear 2-wire

SantacruzT100

I installed the genuine LED blinker front plus 3 wire and LED blinker rear with a TST relay and the T7 rally tail tiddy.  Thanks to the FB group and others for help with the wiring diagram! Here's some pictures and a video for the installation. Enjoy.

IMG_3195.jpg.d2a894ef12207bfb5be3efbca22bbe44.jpgIMG_3196.jpg.39eb4b64fc2ce231b8c320043393455e.jpg  

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

61816774387__F66EE982-DFFE-4030-9349-EFB41911229B.JPG

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great tech post!!! Thank you.

How would you make that rear lights be like running lights like in the front? Of course you'd need running light blinkers for the rear as well. Strange that Yamaha didnt do this in the States like overseas. Seems so much safer to have those lit up. Somehow find which wire is the tail light and splice into it? I wonder which wire is the running light for the tail light? Getting ready to open all that up soon. 

Anybody have a wiring diagram of the blinkers and tail light? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

How would you make that rear lights be like running lights like in the front? Of course you'd need running light blinkers for the rear as well. Strange that Yamaha didnt do this in the States like overseas. Seems so much safer to have those lit up. Somehow find which wire is the tail light and splice into it? I wonder which wire is the running light for the tail light? Getting ready to open all that up soon. 

The license plate light has a running light that could be tapped into.  Ya I agree I wonder why USA didn't do the 3-wire rear with running lights. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SantacruzT100 said:

The license plate light has a running light that could be tapped into.  Ya I agree I wonder why USA didn't do the 3-wire rear with running lights. 

Bingo. That's a great idea, using the license plate light. Easier too instead of dealing with the tail light, though I'll be doing my rear fender next weekend like yours se inevitably be digging into it all. 

Thanks again for the drawing. Ill be using that. Do you have one of the rear tail light assembly as well going to that tail tidy? Or maybe it's self explanatory. Ill find out. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Bingo. That's a great idea, using the license plate light. Easier too instead of dealing with the tail light, though I'll be doing my rear fender next weekend like yours se inevitably be digging into it all. 

Thanks again for the drawing. Ill be using that. Do you have one of the rear tail light assembly as well going to that tail tidy? Or maybe it's self explanatory. Ill find out. 

No problem. If you have questions let me know.  The rear tail light is one piece and its removable when installing the tail tidy.  It has it's own shrink wrap and you won't need to mess with it.  The installation video T7 rally has on youtube shows it pretty well.  For sure tapping into the license plate running light should work great. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:23 PM, johnnygolucky said:

You need the same PLUS signals out back to get the extra running & brake light functions. They tap into tail light brake light wires for their power.  Installing tail tidy with those plus signals was a bit of a job but wiring became self evident along the way & the results were well worth it.  You'd have to be blind to miss the Christmas tree back there now.

• Like 1

I fitted my Genuine Yamaha parts LED indicators last night, with the T7Rally tail tidy. Boy, I thought it was going to be an or so job, but I was still at it in the early hours. Am I missing something, as the original OEM “big“ indicator mounts didn’t seem to work with the new LED indicators, and the hard plastic spacers that came in the box, of the new LED indicators didn’t seem to fit the T7Rally tail tidy. 

I’d appreciate if someone could show some photos, of their LED indicators fitted to the T7Rally tail tidy, and how you managed to get them to fit. 

Cheers. 

9822B212-AAA4-470D-961E-C1103F4DBB40.jpeg

6E882E31-8245-4066-A2BE-61061FFFBFFC.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

You need the same PLUS signals out back to get the extra running & brake light functions. They tap into tail light brake light wires for their power.  Installing tail tidy with those plus signals was a bit of a job but wiring became self evident along the way & the results were well worth it.  You'd have to be blind to miss the Christmas tree back there now.

I was thinking about those, but saw them in action yesterday and the problem I have with them is when braking and indicating, they dazzle out the turn signal, same with the front ones. I’d like to see the brake/rear light/front running light turned off when the indicator is flashing (like cars that have this feature). 

3 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

I was thinking about those, but saw them in action yesterday and the problem I have with them is when braking and indicating, they dazzle out the turn signal, same with the front ones. I’d like to see the brake/rear light/front running light turned off when the indicator is flashing (like cars that have this feature). 

Yes, that would be ideal. My mates have referenced the same issue.  I think that's what makes them non DOT compliant  in Canada??

Either way there's much better lighting on all corners & being seen on the roads, especially when braking, is worth it for me.  Signaling is secondary to braking in my head & the ambers are also very bright.

The white units up front provide some good close range lighting for slow speed moves in the dark too.

7 hours ago, FredBasset said:

I fitted my Genuine Yamaha parts LED indicators last night, with the T7Rally tail tidy. Boy, I thought it was going to be an or so job, but I was still at it in the early hours. Am I missing something, as the original OEM “big“ indicator mounts didn’t seem to work with the new LED indicators, and the hard plastic spacers that came in the box, of the new LED indicators didn’t seem to fit the T7Rally tail tidy. 

I’d appreciate if someone could show some photos, of their LED indicators fitted to the T7Rally tail tidy, and how you managed to get them to fit. 

Cheers. 

9822B212-AAA4-470D-961E-C1103F4DBB40.jpeg

6E882E31-8245-4066-A2BE-61061FFFBFFC.jpeg

I didn't reuse any of the factory mounts.  I just used these 2 "slim" mounts... hopefully this picture explains.  IMG_3271.thumb.jpg.53cc934e07b0a96be3a0821f9b2c50b5.jpg

• Like 1