Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

B&B compact tail rack and luggage plate

Vtamb81

I’m interested in the B&B Compact Tail Rack and wanted to hear any reviews from members who have one. I think it’s one of the smartest minimal design out there. image.jpeg.3095414d07f3b429441abe4afbe0dc60.jpeg

Couple specific questions :

- is there a place to order in the US? ProCycle is their US distributor, but don’t show that they carry the compact rack. 

- is it worth getting the additional Luggage Plate ? Seems redundant. 
image.jpeg.742c32dc944fa2b7b64533e594adbce0.jpeg

appreciate any insight!

Looks like a nice little unit to cinch rackless luggage & such to without the cantilevered top box effect. 

I'm guessing by these pics you'd be needing their tail tidy as well for the two rear mounts  though??

33 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Looks like a nice little unit to cinch rackless luggage & such to without the cantilevered top box effect. 

I'm guessing by these pics you'd be needing their tail tidy as well for the two rear mounts  though??

yes that’s my thinking exactly as I just want something simple for my giant loop rackless luggage to tie down to, and provide a little extra space to lash a dry bag or 1gal rotopax

I’m sure it works with their tail tidy. Someone posted on Facebook Yesterday that it works with the Camel Tidy as well. My guess is it will work with any tail tidy that doesn't require you to modify the tail plastics

Edited by Vtamb81

Looking for the same setup, same reasons. 

Apparently a hidden bracket with some minor plastic mods to fit.  I've got the camel tail tidy,  it's further back than theirs & plenty out of the way of this unit

Pricey little piece though. As everything quality seems to be. Like what B&B have on offer for these bikes. 

Edited by Hammerhead

I fitted one a couple of weeks ago, ordered straight from their website and posted to England. Received a hefty import tax before it could be delivered. I bought for same reasons and it fits with my T7 rally tail tidy. The rear bracket is independent so should work with most setups. I like it, it's light and solid. The black powder coating is a bit industrial, thick and not very smooth, but I'm OK with that. 

IMG_20200730_223130.jpg

• Like 2

I have recently put one on mine as well. I'm running a Giant loop Great basin bag. I would recommend getting the top plate as well, the rack on its own is quite narrow, great for day to day riding and strapping on a small duffel bag but a bit too narrow to strap on anything bigger. At this stage I don't think i would bother with the side rails, the top plate will probably be enough for me. 

13 hours ago, rumrum said:

I have recently put one on mine as well. I'm running a Giant loop Great basin bag. I would recommend getting the top plate as well, the rack on its own is quite narrow, great for day to day riding and strapping on a small duffel bag but a bit too narrow to strap on anything bigger. At this stage I don't think i would bother with the side rails, the top plate will probably be enough for me. 

I'm planning on using it with my great basin, I assume it's perfect for the job, just for a rear anchor really and useful for daily strapping down things..? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jojitsu56 said:

I'm planning on using it with my great basin, I assume it's perfect for the job, just for a rear anchor really and useful for daily strapping down things..? 

Yeah fits nicely however it is a bit narrow for the three mounting straps only really has room to strap the two outside straps on, hence my comment about the luggage plate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rumrum said:

Yeah fits nicely however it is a bit narrow for the three mounting straps only really has room to strap the two outside straps on, hence my comment about the luggage plate.

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like Just the base rack would work for my GL Coyote (only 2 anchor straps), but if I moved to the GL Great Basin or the Mosko R80 I’d need the top plate. 

Not tried it yet but the great basin only really needs one of the rear straps, 3 is ideal but not necessary 

Just heard from ProCycle. B&B is about a month back ordered and once they catch up they’ll be listing it on the site. 

11 hours ago, Vtamb81 said:

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like Just the base rack would work for my GL Coyote (only 2 anchor straps), but if I moved to the GL Great Basin or the Mosko R80 I’d need the top plate. 

It fits fine on its own just the slots don't line up for 3 straps the top plate will solve this and easy to remove as has three captive nuts for quick removal if not needed. Mine took about 7 weeks to get to me due to virus restrictions and a massive infulx of orders from people with new bikes( the aussie govt allowed early access to peoples superannuation when we went into lock down, many people foolishly did and bought new bikes). They are very good to deal with and the product is worth the wait.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rumrum said:

It fits fine on its own just the slots don't line up for 3 straps the top plate will solve this and easy to remove as has three captive nuts for quick removal if not needed. Mine took about 7 weeks to get to me due to virus restrictions and a massive infulx of orders from people with new bikes( the aussie govt allowed early access to peoples superannuation when we went into lock down, many people foolishly did and bought new bikes). They are very good to deal with and the product is worth the wait.

Thanks for all the insight @rumrum

• 7 months later...

I keep eyeing this rack as it seems to be the smallest of its kind so far and does not add additional bulk towards the back of the bike. 

Does anyone have the B&B + Mosko 80 Reckless + any type of top box (Pelican 1485 or similar size)? 
If so, how do / did you go about "securing" the Mosko bags from theft? I have purchased the Steel core straps (4) as shown on the Mosko video. 

I am looking for a setup where I can secure both Pelican case and Mosko 80 bags. 

B&B would secure the Pelican case while also serving as an attachment structure for the Mosko.
Pelican case attachment (I do not wish to drill any holes) as I want to have the flexibility to remove and secure per need all my camera gear would be placed here. The chances of me leaving the bike with this top box unattended are 0 to none, unless there is absolutely no choice of my own.

I was considering purchasing the Rally Raid soft bag racks to provide the extra structure where I could run the Steelcore strap through? If there is a scenario where I would need to purchase the RR Soft bag racks, it would be best.   
RRP632-11-500x500.jpg

If anyone can share pictures of their setup or chime in with any ideas?

_
una.brisa | 

Filling hearts with smiles, of love, of enthusiasm and tears of joy, and (from time to time) changing the world