Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Trade blue for white.

Huero

I have a blue t7 with 0 miles. I mean, I picked it up in the crate and have not even hooked up the battery yet.  Problem is, I am a sucker for white bikes.  I thought I would see if there is any interest to trade plastics, tank and wheels.  Who knows, may be there is someone with a white t7 that is a sucker for the blue. 

huero

• Haha 1

Might help to know your location.  I've got a matte black and I wouldn't mind a white tank and side plastic in exchange for my black.  Not what you were asking for though.

I deposited  1st week in June for a Blue one. Originally told JUL/AUG delivery. Now they say Oct.

But, their next bike coming from YAM is the red bike. I have first dibs on it, but I'm not going to accept it. Going to wait for the Blue one to arrive.

I just want the blue rims, rad wings, and rear fender. I don't care for the white tank and lower white plastic tank panel, rather have the black ones from the red/black bikes.

The colour is attached to the VIN, when it comes to re-selling the bike, would be odd showing white when the bike is blue, may raise some questions down the road. Much easier to get it Vinyl wrapped, and you end up with a protective layer 

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

The colour is attached to the VIN, when it comes to re-selling the bike, would be odd showing white when the bike is blue, may raise some questions down the road. Much easier to get it Vinyl wrapped, and you end up with a protective layer 

why not just swap titles and re register? 😄 

1 hour ago, Iulik said:

why not just swap titles and re register? 😄 

Could work, though then you end up paying transfer fees, the ownership change, and not sure about the US, though the tax value on the vehicle, then a safety certificate for the ministry to transfer in the first place. Insuarnce also may not just change the VIN, though cancel contract, and re-write a new one, so could be fees there.

then it add the question, into why a brand new bike has 2 owners in such a short timeframe for the next buyer lol

Edited by ScorpionT16

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Huero said:

Just a bump.
Still interested in trading for white.  

Are you willing to buy my white side panels? I have some black ones on order.... PM me if interested. Perfect condition.

I checked on this when I bought my black T7. You can change all the body panels for under a $1000 ($750 if I remember correctly). You could get creative and create your own combinations. Most people go the decal route for about $250. Web sites like upshift.com have kits for the DIYer.