Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Grips recommendation!

Aleksandar13

Hello all, after using the oxford heated grips and the seen the yamaha ones I am on the verge of deciding against both and getting heated gloves for winter... That being said what grips would you recommend and why? I like the feel of the oxford ones so might just get these again but not heated.. Would really like to see if there are better grips out there. 

Aleks 

20200809180354_IMG_1387.jpg

20200809181807_IMG_1419 (1).jpg

20200809180857_IMG_1409.jpg

20200809180514_IMG_1394.jpg

58 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Hello all, after using the oxford heated grips and the seen the yamaha ones I am on the verge of deciding against both and getting heated gloves for winter... That being said what grips would you recommend and why? I like the feel of the oxford ones so might just get these again but not heated.. Would really like to see if there are better grips out there. 

Aleks 

20200809180354_IMG_1387.jpg

20200809181807_IMG_1419 (1).jpg

20200809180857_IMG_1409.jpg

20200809180514_IMG_1394.jpg

Im a huge fan of ProGrip 714s . On my WR I had 714s on top of heat demons And it worked well. I’m going to try the Yamaha heated grips simply because I like the way the switch is integrated. The grips themselves, however, seem really hard. 

• Like 1

I have the Pro Grip 714 grips installed.  If they are good enough for Lyndon Poskitt - well enough said.

cheers

-Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vtamb81 said:

Im a huge fan of ProGrip 714s . On my WR I had 714s on top of heat demons And it worked well. I’m going to try the Yamaha heated grips simply because I like the way the switch is integrated. The grips themselves, however, seem really hard. 

I've tried them for 30 miles on @Rich TTbikes and I love the integration of the heated controller but like you are saying they are hard and they don't feel grippy to me... Didn't like that... Was thinking to add these and then grip puppies but that's not enough heat after... So  I have decided for heated gloves and regular grips.

Aleks 

The biggest difficulty in finding grips, for me, is to find some that are wide enough.

I use Pro Grip 698. Soft and grippy but won't last the lifetime of the bike. Make sure to get the 135mm version that fits perfect.

Other: Oxford Super Grip is available in a 135mm version.

For heated grips search this forum for 'Apollo'. The Koso Apollo is available in 130mm and has a build in controller.

/Peter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yammybound88 said:

I have the Pro Grip 714 grips installed.  If they are good enough for Lyndon Poskitt - well enough said.

cheers

-Bob

Did you need a spacer or does the 714 grip length work?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I installed Protaper pillow top grips.  As you can see they are very short compared to stock 125mm vs ~137mm.

bar.jpg