Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Off-Road in Ireland

Jason

Great stuff...enjoyed that!. I'm holding off my annual escape to Ireland,  to West Cork,  until it's clear wether people from the UK can visit....what's the feeling over there...? . I grew up near Skibereen and head back every year...i hate the thought of not going but I don't want to upset anyone... Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 8:42 AM, Great Escape said:

Great stuff...enjoyed that!. I'm holding off my annual escape to Ireland,  to West Cork,  until it's clear wether people from the UK can visit....what's the feeling over there...? . I grew up near Skibereen and head back every year...i hate the thought of not going but I don't want to upset anyone... Cheers,  Steve 

Hey Steve, cheers. Glad you liked the video. Having some great fun lately exploring and finding new spots to investigate. 

I feel like things are a bit far from 'normality' and now they have started implementing localised lockdowns as cases are on the rise again. Unfortunately I can see things getting worse as we get into September/October. Temps will drop and people will catch the usual ailments of this time of year and that will put pressure of testing facilities coupled with the return of schools. 

Not really sure what to advise you tbh. Crappy situation worldwide. I also just looked up the travel greenlist and it looks like the UK isn't on it. If you're unaware this is the list of countries of which people are not required to commit to a 14 day quarantine after arrival. In layman's terms, if you came into the country tomorrow they take all of your details along with the details of where you're staying and check up on you to ensure you are adhering to the 14 day quarantine. Not sure of the repercussions (if any) if you are found to be uncompliant. 

• Thanks 1

Great video Jason, looks like yourself and Jac are having a blast! Even more impressive on stock tires. 

Steve - just finished a 1000km tour of the wild atlantic way last week with another T7 owner. We did all of West Cork, fantastic roads and no issues.  The Healy Pass was great.  We bumped into a couple from Belfast touring on 2 matching Ktm 790Rs who didn't seem to have any Covid issues. Crossing the Irish Sea may pose different challenges than just driving down from NI. 

• Like 3

Thanks Swifty and Jason...appreciate the info!  Sounds like you had a great trip...the Healy Pass is great isn't it...and the view from the top looking towards Kerry is terrific!. I have enjoyed that view a dozen times and never tire of it.   Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200813-215932_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, Swifty said:

Great video Jason, looks like yourself and Jac are having a blast! Even more impressive on stock tires. 

Steve - just finished a 1000km tour of the wild atlantic way last week with another T7 owner. We did all of West Cork, fantastic roads and no issues.  The Healy Pass was great.  We bumped into a couple from Belfast touring on 2 matching Ktm 790Rs who didn't seem to have any Covid issues. Crossing the Irish Sea may pose different challenges than just driving down from NI. 

A set of the Bridgestone AX41s now I think and the bike will be complete. Trip out West sounds like it was great, one thing I want to do also before the good weather is gone. 

Hi Swifty,  forgot to ask....any photos or film of your Wild Atlantic Way trip....? Cheers,  Steve