Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi, new Rally owner...

jeeves1275

Hi,

Ā 

Just picked up my new Rally last Saturday, got a little trip to Wales next week to get me up to 600 miles then in for 1st service, can't wait to hit the magic 1000 milesĀ šŸ˜€

Ā 

cheers

Ā 

Mark

20200808_101731.jpg

20200808_101717.jpg

20200808_101703.jpg

20200808_101646.jpg

Sharp looking bike!Ā šŸ‘

Ā 

How come they don't add the Rally height seat to the Rally bike? too tall for most buyers I guess.

Edited by roy826

16 hours ago, roy826 said:

Ā 

How come they don't add the Rally height seat to the Rally bike? too tall for most buyers I guess.

It's a one-piece seat specific to the Rally bike, Don't know if there is a height difference to the Rally seat....what I do know is that it's hard!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I pick up my rally this week. Can I ask what's involved with 1st service and is it a free service or if not how much was it as I forgot to ask . Hopefully not too expensive or even better included as I'd imagine 600miles will be reached fairly quickly.Ā 

On 8/31/2020 at 12:57 AM, Old tenere phil said:

I pick up my rally this week. Can I ask what's involved with 1st service and is it a free service or if not how much was it as I forgot to ask . Hopefully not too expensive or even better included as I'd imagine 600miles will be reached fairly quickly.Ā 

From my invoice:

• Oil and filter replacement
  • clean, adjust lube chain
  • check coolant
  • check spokes
  • carry out diagnostic/health check

Cost was Ā£87

Ā 

Enjoy the new bike, only issue I have with it is the seat!

On 8/13/2020 at 4:49 PM, roy826 said:

Ā 

It has its own one piece bespoke rally seat which Is different from standardĀ  one(higher) but also weirdly different from the rally seat which is slightly different again (taller still).Ā 

RALLY EDITION seat is 20mm taller than a standard seat, the RALLY seat is 35mm taller. Obviously Yamaha thought the Rally seat was too tall for most riders. Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€ and find the RALLY EDITION seat not too tall, but its not that comfortable, whereas the RALLY seat apparently is quite comfortable (Iā€™d loveĀ to try one).Ā 

Edited by Alf Meister

Congrats, Looks Great, I put 600 kms on my Black TenereĀ  (Super Freak) in less than a week... It's a great Bike!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

RALLY EDITION seat is 20mm taller than a standard seat, the RALLY seat is 35mm taller. Obviously Yamaha thought the Rally seat was too tall for most riders. Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€ and find the RALLY EDITION seat not too tall, but its not that comfortable, whereas the RALLY seat apparently is quite comfortable (Iā€™d loveĀ to try one).Ā 

According to my dealer the RALLY seat has aĀ gel layer that the RALLY EDITION seat does not, which might account for the additional 15mm and makes sense as it's not comfortable, whereas everyone seems to think the RALLY seat is!

• Like 1